Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favero and PowerTap pedal cleats...cross compatible?
Quote | Reply
I have a set of PowerTap P1 pedals on my tri bike and I’m considering Assimo Duo pedals on my new road bike. The cleats look the same (claim to both be “Look style”) but does anyone happen to know if both red cleats are cross compatible?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero and PowerTap pedal cleats...cross compatible? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in this also. I'm expecting to get my Taps back from refurbishing soon. I bought the Assimo Duals before I sent the Taps in. I plan on putting the Taps on my Tri bike and leave the Assimo's on the road bike.

I'll be testing whether either one of the clips that came with the pedals will work with both in a couple of weeks or so.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero and PowerTap pedal cleats...cross compatible? [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I currently have Shimano
Pedals on the road bike so I have to keep a pair of shoes for each bike. Would love to use both pairs of shoes on both bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero and PowerTap pedal cleats...cross compatible? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They work but you might find the non-Favero cleats to be a bit tight, even if you loosen the pedal tightness all the way. I started buying the cleats from Favero, and they are a little easier to unclip.

I say try out your Powertap cleats and see if you’re happy with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have specific info on the PowerTap cleats but I can tell you that Look Keo cleats will sorta work but it's not a good fit. I no longer use the Assioma as road pedals (ddi the gravel/SPD hack quite awhile ago) but from my recollection they are ever so slightly different than a true Look pedal/cleat such that it works but it's not smooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes they are. At some point (maybe still they are), the "original spares" were exactly the same item, actually the XPEDO "keo style" cleats
Quote Reply