Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]

Raw Vegan wrote:

You probably also subscribe to the idea that TT bikes aren't welcome on club rides. Reminds me of the roadie rules guy that I bury every WNW

You share my view on the jersey, but here we part ways. Rules of the group ride are up to the group. If the group doesn’t care for mixing tri bikes in, that’s their choice. Not everyone owns Di2 shifting from the brakes and not all club rides make sense for the mix. Some do, some don’t.

No reason to be angry a group chooses to not have tri bikes or e-bikes or recumbents. It isn’t putting people down. There’s often a reason. Like how a group rotates. Or the route profile.

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [s5100e] [ In reply to ]

Saw a guy wearing a "Greatest Dad Ever" hat at Ace yesterday. Then some other imposter wearing a shirt that said the same thing. I was like wait a second, there can only be one!

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [s5100e] [ In reply to ]

s5100e wrote:
I did a quick search an have not seen anything on this topic. Deceuninck is selling the Alaphilippe replica, https://www.deceuninck-quickstep.com/...b0-9f03-c2da5ee9556c

I think others have as well... personally I think it is weird, I would not wear one.

Since its other people's money you don't get a vote.

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]

Rideon77 wrote:
s5100e wrote:
I did a quick search an have not seen anything on this topic. Deceuninck is selling the Alaphilippe replica, https://www.deceuninck-quickstep.com/...b0-9f03-c2da5ee9556c

I think others have as well... personally I think it is weird, I would not wear one.

Since its other people's money you don't get a vote.
well you may be wrong, if I was asked I do get a vote, if not then I do not... that was not the point of the question, it was what is YOUR thoughts.... so without aggression to you, I assume you are a live and let live sort, makes not difference point of view. If you read through my posts to this thread I have moved my position..... Sometimes it takes a bit more than a reflex response to come to a better understanding.

I’m not sure why people care what others are wearing.

I have a few race shirts from races that I DNS. I wear them around on occasion because all the t-shirts I own are basically free tech shirts I have from races. If someone asked, “Hey, I did Texas 70.3 in 2017 too. How was your race?” I’d say I didn’t start due to injury so I’m just wearing my $350 t-shirt. If they want to judge me that’s their issue.

Same goes for replica shirts. Who cares?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Feb 12, 21 5:17

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]

As long as they aren't wearing the WC jersey with white bibs, then they are okay. </pink>

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [davearm] [ In reply to ]

davearm wrote:
tri_yoda wrote:

WC jersey is a little different than wearing a regular game jersey. Its more like wearing a replica Masters green jacket on the golf course. Or if you bought a replica superbowl ring.

Professional golfers don't wear sportcoats out on the course during a round. Professional football players don't wear big gaudy rings on the field for games. Both of those analogies fall flat.

This is much more akin to wearing a Lebron jersey or a Mahomes jersey to a pickup game than either of those things.

Agreed.

I really DON'T see the need for this discussion or post. It's foolish. OP, not saying anything about you personally, but it's a freaking piece of clothing with stripes. Who cares.

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]

littlefoot wrote:

I really DON'T see the need for this discussion or post. It's foolish.

I disagree. It's worth exploring our norms and etiquette and their cultural value (or lack thereof). The conversation is OK.
Last edited by: trail: Feb 12, 21 8:25

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [trail] [ In reply to ]

Conversations like these (and past negative experiences of my own) have helped me try to be more inclusive of folks.

Give more nods. Chat for a few minutes with a curious person. If I recognize somebody that's not a racer but I know them, slow up for a few minutes to share the time and chat. Stay for a beer after the ride. Go out of my way to say hi to the folks getting back from the B and C rides and listen to what they've been up to.

I'd rather do that and not be in the "in group" of velominati racers chest bumping after weeknight worlds picking fun of people. Do your damned planks at home. Not the parking lot after the ride. Have a beer, or your recovery drink after the ride.

Joker......"why so serious?".

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]

"Joker......"why so serious?"."
exactly...

you might think the purpose of the thread was to answer the question, or it may have been to see the type of personal judgments made in response.... I find it oddly amusing that someone would pass a judgment while they are railing on about others being judgmental, that and those who reply to say the discussion is useless or a waste of time yet they waste time reading and replying, over all this has been fun.

My opinion was not the question, the opinions expressed in reply were.

Thanks all for the input and being part of the social experiment.

for another set of perspectives:
https://www.theguardian.com/...lica-champion-jersey

s5100e wrote:
"Joker......"why so serious?"."
exactly...

you might think the purpose of the thread was to answer the question, or it may have been to see the type of personal judgments made in response.... I find it oddly amusing that someone would pass a judgment while they are railing on about others being judgmental, that and those who reply to say the discussion is useless or a waste of time yet they waste time reading and replying, over all this has been fun.

My opinion was not the question, the opinions expressed in reply were.

Thanks all for the input and being part of the social experiment.

Topic of discussion aside, there's nothing amusing/ironic about that. This is merely a very mild manifestation of Carl Popper's Paradox of Tolerance (substitute tolerance for "being judgmental", and we basically get the same paradox).

I have a picture from the 2018 TdF that'll blow your mind if you hate team kit or stripe wearing:
Is this the entire Bora team sitting for lunch together watching the next to last stage of the race in a restaurant?

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]

One time a couple of my friends were warming up for a crit and had a chuckle at the guy in a Discovery kit on a blue trek, must have went all out to look like Lance! (this was in Texas, so a lot of Lance love) We were super cool Cat 3s who would never be caught in such an outfit... turns out the guy in the disco kit actually rode for the team. We felt REAL dumb...

Re: thoughts on regular folks wearing UCI World Champ relica jerseys [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]

Agreed. This thread is locked. People can do what they want.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter

Prev Next