Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin mounts
Quote | Reply
Looking for a new mount for Edge 520 possibly with Gopro hanger as well.
Anybody have any great ideas that have been awesome for them
OR bad experiences with a particular model.
I have the original that came with it on Tri bike now so deciding if get a new one for the Hot Rod
or buy new one for the road bike. Looking at ones that go into stem bolts and off the front but
deciding if I trust them enough or not with a $400 worth of electronics bouncing down the road
Thanks for any ideas

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin mounts [mxblues98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't point you to a specific mount (I use Wahoo) but FWIW I'm an inherently cheap person. Other than mounts that come with a device all of my other mounts are the cheapest options I could find on Amazon at the time. I've never once had an issue with any of the mounts failing on me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What stem and bar setup do you have?
Where do you want the computer and gopro/light located on your bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin mounts [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Canyon Speedmax using the standard mount on the aerobars now
Want to add the GOpro option to my road bike mostly- an older Trek with regular stem/bar set up
Was wondering about the Amazon mounts I see- mixed reviews and I hate to lose all that $$$$ to a bad mount
but don't want to break the bank on something like this either.
Looking at a K-edge or a KOM- but again mixed reviews
Thanks

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had good luck buying 3D printed mounts from Shapeways. I've used them on a couple bikes now with no issues. I also use the safety cord (or whatever it's called) and wrap it around the bar which gives me peace of mind should the computer come off the mount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a k-edge double for my go-pro and edge 530. There are 2 tiny bolts in the bottom that came loose and I noticed just before the bracket came off - I always use the strap on the 530 which would have held the whole bracket anyway. In part I am taking blame for this as I added an extra capacity battery that added weight to the GoPro, didn't have any issues prior to that. However, and I'm not especially cost constrained, I really cannot believe the price that k-edge charge for their lumps of metal. I assumed that each one was coming with a free kilo of cocaine.

I didn't have the XL one, and so the bottom buttons on the 530 weren't easy to get to, but wasn't really an issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a Moon mount. The Garmin quarter turn mount is very secure, and feels like it locks in better than other garmin mount I've had. The arm is stiff enough when riding with a 520 + gopro mounted while riding gravel. Single bolt to mount with hinge is nice touch because I remove it from my bike for CX races and my old mount had 2 bolts to mess around with.

https://www.moonsportusa.com/product-page/m-02

I haven't tried the stem bolt mounted ones but I do have an Easton garmin mount (no go pro mount) that attaches to the faceplate of my Easton stem. It's very slick looking and nice to not have anything extra bolted to the bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the road bike stem look at the F3 Cycling Form Mount.
https://www.f3cycling.com/formmount

It's adjustable and can work with basically any stem. GoPro addition is extra, but there are usually a few used one's floating around on eBay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't find it on Garmin's website right now, but they make the mount you are looking for:

https://www.biketiresdirect.com/...dual-handlebar-mount

It came with my Varia Headlight and will adapt it mount a GoPro.
Quote Reply