Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Most durable bib short you ever had [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
jth wrote:
I strongly prefer comfortable over durable ...

Desotos 400s are also comfortable..

My comment was not on the Desotos.

The point I was trying to make was that the primary buying criteria for the OP should not be durability but comfortability. I couldn't imagine spending 100+ hrs per/year in a pair of durable but uncomfortable bibs just to save 50 bucks
Quote Reply
Re: Most durable bib short you ever had [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
The big pluses for bibs are:

-no breathing constriction around the waist (this is the main advantage)

-no "tramp stamp" gap between the back of the shorts and a jersey that can lead to a bad sunburn

-they are more "pro"

Bibs can be pulled down low enough to pee (for guys), but more than that and you'll need to remove your jersey.

Thanks, hadn't seen that! Yikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Most durable bib short you ever had [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For shorts, I need to tie the string to hold them up, and that after a while always seems to lead to chafing round my hips or right in the middle where the knot is. Also less comfy in terms of eating.

And 100% definitely where I am the sunburn from the gap between top and bottom is a serious issue (and as I'm tall then perhaps I'm more at risk).
Quote Reply
Re: Most durable bib short you ever had [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio wrote:
If you, or any other reader here, is interested in buying De Soto 400-Mile Bibshort, or our Riviera Tri Bib (yes, a bibbed tri short), or even our more affordable Mobius Bib Short (also has our 400-Mile Pad), reply back to me and I will send you a code to get them at 30% off (limited time offer valid through this sunday).

What a great deal!! I have an ANCIENT pair of 400 mile bibs that I just got a small stitch repair done, and had just bought 2 more pairs this last winter at full list price from a retailer here in Canada!!

30% off would have been HUGE!!

Anyone interested, I'd jump on this!!
Quote Reply
Re: Most durable bib short you ever had [Tri@PUR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri@PUR wrote:
I'm in the market for some new cycling bib shorts but want to make sure that whatever I buy is reliable for sometime. So what have you buy that have surpass your expectations in the durability category?

Thank you in advance!

Emmanuel,

Most durable and also comfortable pair of bike shorts I ever owned were from a company called Hind. I don't think I have ever gotten more life out of bike shorts, and that was during a time when I put in more miles than ever before or after in my life. Haven't seen them around for quite a while, though, unfortunately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know if it was the most durable. But I had this Virklon custom bib shorts that I used outdoors for a number of years until a girl from my club told me that there was nothing left to imagination. I still use them indoors though. Like 8 years old.
Quote Reply
Re: Most durable bib short you ever had [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your kind words. Send me a PM if you would like the 30% off code. It is valid for anything on our website.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Last edited by: Emilio: Feb 12, 21 7:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Desoto 400 mile gets my vote. I have a retired pair (they were ripped in a wreck) that I have now beat on for years on the trainer. They are still holding up, but I did purchase another pair to replace them and I will probably buy the tri bib next.

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pactimo Summit Raptor bibs.. Fantastic. Also have had the DeSoto bibs before and very good.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply

Prev Next