Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Unbound Gravel (DK) Lottery results
Quote | Reply
Got my spot on the lottery, guess I have to train now...
Quote Reply
Re: Unbound Gravel (DK) Lottery results [trihugger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m in as well. Two regular gravel training partners did not get in though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the 100 this time, can't afford to lose anymore brain cells tackling the 200 again.
Quote Reply
Re: Unbound Gravel (DK) Lottery results [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
can't afford to lose anymore brain cells tackling the 200 again.

Im afraid to ask what that means.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. Transfer from last years cancellation.
Quote Reply
Re: Unbound Gravel (DK) Lottery results [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’ll be fine. Really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d be curious to hear the lottery “acceptance” rate vs. those that entered.

Quote | Reply
Where the hell do people stay for this event??? I just looked online and there’s nothing available except in larger communities, over an hour away (like Topeka).
Quote Reply
Re: Unbound Gravel (DK) Lottery results [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on the same boat yesterday but managed to find a dorm room...check the info on the event website. I have no idea how good/bad it is, I guess I will find out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s a bed, four walls and a roof; you won’t confuse it with the Ritz Carlton.

One other tip: dining options are limited in general and finding a place to eat the night before race is a challenge. Planning ahead for meals is advisable.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Feb 10, 21 20:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
Where the hell do people stay for this event??? I just looked online and there’s nothing available except in larger communities, over an hour away (like Topeka).

I'm currently booked at a hotel in Topeka but considering moving to the dorms. The dorms include meals but who knows what the quality is like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
EyeRunMD wrote:

I'm currently booked at a hotel in Topeka but considering moving to the dorms. The dorms include meals but who knows what the quality is like.

If I was going by myself, I'd gladly use the dorms (if available). But, if I go, my wife would go with me and I know she won't go for that. I may end up staying in Topeka as well. I think its about an hour drive?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gone ahead and booked a dorm room as well. My wife was a hard pass when I asked her if she wanted to come to Kansas with me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I've gone ahead and booked a dorm room as well. My wife was a hard pass when I asked her if she wanted to come to Kansas with me.

I thought my wife would pass as well but she's recently discovered the fun of riding forest service roads in our area, so I believe she wants to see the gravel around Emporia for herself
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I booked the dorm room. But I also booked a room at a hotel (used to be best western I guess) based on a tip from the unbound gravel Facebook group. That group will have stuff pop up occasionally about available rooms. So I’ll cancel one at some point
Quote Reply
Re: Unbound Gravel (DK) Lottery results [daustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daustin wrote:
I booked the dorm room. But I also booked a room at a hotel (used to be best western I guess) based on a tip from the unbound gravel Facebook group. That group will have stuff pop up occasionally about available rooms. So I’ll cancel one at some point

That is good to know. Thank you for the info.

For now, I did find a Holiday Inn Express in Ottowa, KS. I think its midway between Kansas City and Emporia.
Quote Reply