Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Building TrainingPeaks Structured workouts
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to save sets in Training Peaks to put into other structured workouts? When I use the workout builder for TrainerRoad, I can create a set and save that to use in other workouts. I can't seem to find this in Training Peaks and I find I am retyping sets.
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Building TrainingPeaks Structured workouts [ashmilner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can save these workouts into your Workout Library and then when you add them to your calendar for future use, you can just make the necessary adjustments for that specific workout.
Quote Reply
Re: Building TrainingPeaks Structured workouts [ashmilner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ashmilner wrote:
Is there a way to save sets in Training Peaks to put into other structured workouts? When I use the workout builder for TrainerRoad, I can create a set and save that to use in other workouts. I can't seem to find this in Training Peaks and I find I am retyping sets.
Thank you!

Not exactly, to my knowledge. Only ability to save workouts, but not sets within workouts, unless I'm missing an awesome feature somewhere!

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Building TrainingPeaks Structured workouts [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I've done is build the workouts in TP and save them in their own folder in my Workout library according to the plan I'm going to use them with. I've done it with the 80/20 HIM and OLY plans

I have also been able to take a structured workout from another source that is uploaded from my Garmin and save it in my Workout library.

example: Created workout in Garmin Connect, loaded it on my 830, did the workout, uploaded to Training Peaks then saved the structure in my TP workout library.
Quote Reply
Re: Building TrainingPeaks Structured workouts [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find a workout close to what I want, then copy the whole workout. Then modify as I please.

If it's "that" much work I would say you may be making the structured workout too complicated in the first place. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Building TrainingPeaks Structured workouts [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could download a workout from the 8020 library to your garmin.

Do the workout and upload

Save that workout structure in TP to use another day
Quote Reply