Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3T Aerobar pad adjustment
Quote | Reply
So I need help fitting new elbow pads on an older set of 3T Breeza II aerobars. The original pads were very old, worn out, and uncomfortable.
I am not racing anymore so trying to just make them comfortable - not necessarily the most aero or fast.
I bought a set of Culprit pads last year and never installed them as I haven’t been riding the bike. Recently I have been riding with others who are training for IM so I dug out the old TT bike and put the Culprit pads on.
Unfortunately the way the 3T clamp on the aerobar extensions is angled they are very narrow and are angles at like a 15 degree angle down and outward. Not very stable or comfortable.
So I’m trying to find a solution to either level the pads (ie a clamp for the extensions that is level at the elbow pad attachment) or find pads/cups the are slightly angled to accommodate the angle in the clamp.
Or maybe a 3D printed shim to level it ?!

"There may be men that can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontane
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Aerobar pad adjustment [powerbarjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the new Vola/revo cups (similar shape to the Ventus cups but with reach adjustment) with CeeGee pads and 3T Ski bends angled 15deg up with the aerocoach extension tilt blocks on my Brezza II Nanos. The CeeGee pads add around 1-1.5cm of stack though, but are very comfortable

Very comfortable setup. I know on some UK time trial forums there is a user who sells a kit to tilt just the armrests and it also cancels out the outwards slope of the 3T mounts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry to read this.

we are designing a bracket to fit alot of aerobars that converts to our alloy tilt and aerobar attachment. it's being developed so prob no samples til May. but this will likely solve the issue. If you can wait

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Aerobar pad adjustment [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
I look forward to seeing that.
Where would I find information on that when it comes out ?

"There may be men that can beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." Steve Prefontane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will share all the new items on pre order again when were closer to real products. so follow our fb page and st forum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you got another set of pole clamps available? You can put one of our tilt blocks (15 or 25deg) on a 3T Brezza and then stick a pole clamp on top, like a Vola clamp, one of the generic ones or anything that has a flat underside and M5 or M6 threads in it from underneath.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply