Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Velotron and zwift
Quote | Reply
Hello, I am interested in anyone’s experience or success with connecting a Velotron to Zwift.

Thanks,

Lance
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron and zwift [LanceLassiter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There used to be someone here with a Velotron...can't remember the name...
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron and zwift [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't or won't?

ETA: there was a discussion on DCR about this, I think in the post about the differences about power measurement at different points of the bike. No resolution that I recall.

Last edited by: M----n: Feb 8, 21 5:02
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron and zwift [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! He-who-shall-not-be-named is in the comments of this DCRainmaker article saying he got his to work with Zwift.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...review.html#comments

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron and zwift [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve seen that comment before on a similar thread/forum. I am unfamiliar with the banning issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh Dave used to be around here as H2Ofun and got banned for letting another banned member post with his account. He used to bring up his Velotron at every opportunity if seemed.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
Oh Dave used to be around here as H2Ofun and got banned for letting another banned member post with his account. He used to bring up his Velotron at every opportunity if seemed.

HA! I remember him.
Actually "met" H2ofun once... well ran past him in a race and saw the name on his bib and chatted with him for a few seconds.
Dude has some issues...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SRAM/Quarq purchased the assets of Velotron and I believe still support it, they may be able to assist you. I believe it uses the same USB connector as a Computrainer to link to the computer. I would touch base with PerfPro/ Drew, he build a small program that allows a CT to communicate as a Ant+ FEC program called CT Bridge. If this works as I suspect it will with the Velotron then you have no issues to connect to most any training software. As for Zwift it already communicates with CT or did the last time I tried it, so probably the same for Velotron via the USB connection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:

Based on his Facebook posts his pain cave now boasts 5 Velotrons and 4 treadmills. Despite his other issues he would certainly be the guy who knows how to link them to Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron and zwift [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
tallswimmer wrote:

Based on his Facebook posts his pain cave now boasts 5 Velotrons and 4 treadmills. Despite his other issues he would certainly be the guy who knows how to link them to Zwift.

why does anyone need 5 velotrons?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Velotron and zwift [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could not possibky come up with any reason!
Quote Reply