Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Supertuck Banned [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Kienles position is great but not super tuck.
He would need to move butt under the saddle nose and move forward so hang more over the front hub and then pedal.

It proved to be one situation where a breakaway could be faster than the peloton. The danger being that people would start doing it on more and more types of descents...not solo....windy descents....descents through villages....slippery (after the suds debacle last year)....rainy...windy....

I thought there was at least one incident where a pro had lost control shortly after Froome had popularised it outside of tt again but can't find it.

Does this band apply to Tony Martin for it's too by the way?

jkhayc wrote:
I don't really agree. The position is not "objectively unstable." Certain bike geometries/setups make it easier or harder, but the position is not difficult to do or inherently unstable.

Now, pedaling while doing it? I don't do that.

THIS position is inherently unstable, but objectively stable (since Kienle knows wtf he's doing).

Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kienle's position is as super tucked as you can get on a tri bike with a regular saddle, and a super tuck does not imply pedaling.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Feb 6, 21 5:11
Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I heard from French official was that the danger is more for kids and unexperience riders who wants to race like the pro!
It is true that we do not see many pro crashing but they want to prevent less experienced riders to crash!
Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used that Kienle position but the problem is you can't get your head in the right place far forward enough because your aerobars are in the way, meaning your entire body is not far forward enough to sit on your top tube also cause because of the forward position of the saddle relative to bottom bracket that your legs are fixed relative to at the pedals. So its hard to tuck in your butt lower than saddle on the tri bike unless your saddle is high enough, but it is possible especially if you have a stubby nose saddle

Contrast this to how Tony Martin is sitting on his top tube because he has enough room to get there with the UCI saddle setback position

By the way, this was from a post you made 7 years ago and is the "egg supertuck" that I have tested which is fastest with arms narrow but it is actually more stable then kienle especially if you put one leg down at 90 degrees (the other one comes up at 0 so it is a wash on aero profile in my opinion

Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
By the way, this was from a post you made 7 years ago and is the "egg supertuck" that I have tested which is fastest with arms narrow but it is actually more stable then kienle especially if you put one leg down at 90 degrees (the other one comes up at 0 so it is a wash on aero profile in my opinion

No it isn’t, it’s from a post i made. Also, he’s pedaling there; that’s what prompted the screen capture in the first place.
Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe lacticturkey responded to your post (sorry I did not attribute it to the right person, sometimes in an ST thread, you lose track of who made the post when tthere are nested replies and quotes). In any case, you need to get head forward enough to sit on top tube relative to Kienle position that has both aerobars in the way of head and forward saddle in way of butt. With tri bars and tri saddle position its tough to do a supertuck or super egg tuck even static...forget about pedaling
Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
A couple of questions....

This new "style" is what 5ish years old, based on the article it mentions Froome first doing it in '16.

Mohoric may have kicked off the party, using it on a winning solo attack at the 2013 U23 Worlds.

Sammy Sanchez was doing this in 2003 near the end of Liege. He wasn't trying to pedal in that position though.

Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont really understand why you'd want to pedal in that position anyway. The whole point is for max descending speed, I use it when i'm going fast enough that i'm spun out anyway. No way those guys that are pedaling are generating any meaningful watts

Not really replying to you, more so the thread in general
Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Dont really understand why you'd want to pedal in that position anyway...

Well, Mohoric won his championship by being able to pedal in that tuck, not putting down much power, but certainly more than the guys who weren't pedaling.

And Froome won his TdF stage the same way, by being able to pedal in that tuck, not putting down much power, but certainly more than the guys who weren't pedaling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.velonews.com/news/road/uci-to-ban-forearms-time-trial-position-on-road-bikes/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=velonews&utm_campaign=685a7719-d755-40f1-94ab-f0ba70114812

The virtual aerobars on the chopping block as well

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
https://www.velonews.com/news/road/uci-to-ban-forearms-time-trial-position-on-road-bikes/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=velonews&utm_campaign=685a7719-d755-40f1-94ab-f0ba70114812

The virtual aerobars on the chopping block as well

Could you start a new thread on this?

Personally, I'm quite miffed about this... Thank goodness I'm no longer racing on the road, as this would have made my breakaways a lot more difficult.
Last edited by: echappist: Feb 8, 21 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Supertuck Banned [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dedicated thread here

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess this would still be legal as he was not sitting on the top tube:

This is Delgado descending on the Peyresourde back in 1983. On a side note, I feel pretty confident descending in the supertuck. Center of gravity is lowered and grabbing the down tube with the knees gives you plenty of stability.
Last edited by: ecce-homo: Feb 9, 21 9:09
Quote Reply

Prev Next