Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish
Quote | Reply
Can't make my mind up.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish [AXELLE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whichever fit better. I haven't tried the Giro, the Kask has a weird padding layout that feels unusual on the front of the head.
In terms of performance it's probably so close and so personal that it doesn't matter.
In terms of style I reckon the Grio looks like a box...
Both were on my shopping list and I ended up getting a Lazer. And the Genesis not the Bullet, because their own reported aero differences were miniscule.
Quote Reply
Re: New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish [AXELLE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you know that some people say that I'm not helpful?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've raced a few times in a Vanquish and really like it, very comfortable, great quality lens.
That said, it could be a total aero brick for all I know.
Quote Reply
Re: New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

Some have said that ;-).

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Noooo! Really?
When you're here day in day out sharing gems like this?
Quote Reply
Re: New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I've raced a few times in a Vanquish and really like it, very comfortable, great quality lens.
That said, it could be a total aero brick for all I know.

I pretty much agree. The Vanquish is a very nice helmet. I was doing a bunch of 8 mile TTs for training this summer using the Vanquish. One day I brought out the Aerohead and mowed 30 seconds off my best time at about the same wattage. Some people are close to as fast in an aero road helmet, i am not one of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually bought the vanquish so that's what I'd buy.

That said, I time trial with the aerohead :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can't decide I'd go for the vanquish, simply because it has MIPs (and anything that might protect my noggin better is appreciated)
Also know a few people with vanquish's that seem really happy with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AXELLE wrote:
Can't make my mind up.

Thank you

Vanquish especially if you're worried about the heat.

Aerohead is faster but it can become an oven in hot races
Quote Reply
Re: New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Neither.

I'd also buy neither.

When going for a road helmet I went for the Lazer G1. If I want aero I'm buying a full on aero helmet and not something halfway inbetween.
Quote Reply
Re: New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
the Kask has a weird padding layout that feels unusual on the front of the head.

Can confirm.
I love my Utopia, except for the front pads. I get funny marks on my forehead and have to be careful about it being too tight.
Quote Reply
Re: New Helmet - which would you choose - Kask Utopia or Giro Vanquish [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

Vanquish especially if you're worried about the heat.

Aerohead is faster but it can become an oven in hot races[/quote]
This is a great article by AeroGeeks regarding the Vanquish. http://aerogeeks.com/...anquish-mips-review/
It doesn't compare the Utopia & Vanquish but gives a good review of the Vanquish and compares it to the Aerohead. I've got a Vanquish and have been very happy with the aero qualities & cooling effects.
Quote Reply