Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Oceanside 70.3 postponed to October 30th [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right now Harris County isn't even allowing smaller running races to happen. For example, the Texas 10 race set for Bridgeland/Cypress this weekend was moved to Montgomery County because Harris Co. wouldn't permit it.

WTC is I'm sure trying to figure out where they might stand with Harris Co. in two months but it's likely an uphill battle. The whole reason the bike course was mostly moved to Harris Co. territory was because certain parts of Montgomery Co. and Grimes Co. no longer wanted the bike course on their roads. I can't see that changing either which leaves WTC boxed into a corner. Harris Co. was the race savior when the course had to change but it's obviously been a big detriment for the COVID-era.

If, and that's a big if, WTC is confident in their ability to get the 70.3 in Galveston permitted for two weeks earlier they should really consider moving IMTX to Galveston for this year.

What they cannot do with races this year is string athletes along until the last minute like they often did last year. The closer to race day the more the physical, financial, and mental toll is on athletes.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 postponed to October 30th [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try Waco again?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 postponed to October 30th [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
STConcierge wrote:
Slowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman wrote:
ltc wrote:
I wonder how this bodes for St. George...

as i wrote a few weeks ago, oside likely postponed, st. george likely going as scheduled. of course anything can happen.

Is the weather impossible for a Palomar climb on Oct 30th weekend? If I am vaccinated and can travel outside the virtual wall that our prime minister just created last week, and the race is cancelled, I would still go for that. Or just stick close to home if life is back to some semblance of normal. I'll just take going to the neighbourhood cafe and eat lunch at a restaurant with my wife.

the weather will be great. at the bottom. at the top, who knows? 5,300'. but it should be okay.

Dev, Mike, Slowman, do I hear the rumblings of a ST Palomar meetup?

i'm game. the last time we had a hillclimb meetup, i think mike came out just slightly on the wrong end of that. i'm sure he'd like a chance for redemption ;-)

Between doing near zero biking right now (mainly running and XC skiing and rowing on the machine daily), being 10 lbs overweight and our govt having us on an onerous travel ban, a trip to Oceanside for a tri or if said tri is cancelled, a Palomar hillclimb, all seems to be a bit of a fantasy world, but hey, Oct 31 is 9 months away....12 months ago today I was racing a 70.3 in Dubai, so anything is possible!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 postponed to October 30th [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Try Waco again?

Let me start by saying I’d like to see IMTX happen on April 24th in The Woodlands. What I think happens is a postponement to Later in the year because the Harris Co. issue is likely to be insurmountable. Word is that Harris Co. will not be permitting anything through at least May.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 postponed to October 30th [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious, Is anyone else receiving these pre race emails showing the half instead of the full ?? I received the first last week and checked to make sure there wasn't a mistake on my rollover but it was ok. Now I just received this one this morning. Showing the date for IMTX but for the half ??
Quote Reply

Prev Next