Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Super Comfy Running Shoe Reccomendation [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Yeah. Here's my advice. Buy everything recommended here, from a place with a good return policy. Run about twice, your full run, in each pair of shoes. Pick the winner return the rest. Be nice and return the shoes in like new condition.

Better yet go to your LRS & try them on. If they aren't giving you a yeah I like this shoe when you lace them up and take a few steps in them. sit back down, take them off and go to the next pair.
A good shop will let you hit the sidewalks or walkways in them. Do a jog up & down the sidewalk.

Then choose 2 or 3 pair that really say WOW to you. Hit the treadmill for a run. then return the worst pair and keep the other 2. Sure keeping 2 is more $ out the door but also keep you from having to go through the what shoe process again.

No matter what though return them in as new condition which means clean the outsoles before brining them back.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Super Comfy Running Shoe Reccomendation [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't tried the Kinvara 11 yet. Thanks for all the recomendations. It would be great if we could try any pair of shoes for a week before buying. Someoen mentioned a 30 day return policy on the alphafly- not sure if that option is available in my country.

Def gonna look at the endorphin speed and Bondi. I'll report back when I eventually find the glass slipper.
Quote Reply
Re: Super Comfy Running Shoe Reccomendation [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Callin' wrote:
I was on Kinvaras for years and recently bought a pair of Rincons. I think they are very comfortable and feel great

I second this

Just to offer another opinion but I loved the kinvaras and hated the rincons when I had them. They were definitely softer which I learned isnt something that I needed as much but more importantly the shoe shape rubbed me feet the wrong way and I got blisters on almost every run
Quote Reply
Re: Super Comfy Running Shoe Reccomendation [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I went to the Saucony Endorphin Speed to try them out. Saucony is one of the brands that seem to fit me along with Mizuno and Asics.

The do feel softer while walking though and I like the shoes, I just haven't experienced the massive cushioning they look like they should provide.

Not sure what your definition of "massive" is but if you think that the Speed isn't big cushioning than I think that "massive" doesn't exist.
Quote Reply
Re: Super Comfy Running Shoe Reccomendation [Paolo55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just don't understand why you would want to get away from the Kinvaras. They are relatively cheap, light, but most importantly, work for you. I can't tell you the number of times I've switched running shoes cause I was 'bored' and got hurt.

I also think that stiffer shoes can help build running efficiency and prevent biomechanic inefficiencies from hiding. This is just an opinion though. I went from DS Trainers to Kinvaras to NB Zantes, and the Zantes felt nicest and squishiest but my Achilles tendon was trash after a month of running.
Quote Reply
Re: Super Comfy Running Shoe Reccomendation [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
jaretj wrote:
I went to the Saucony Endorphin Speed to try them out. Saucony is one of the brands that seem to fit me along with Mizuno and Asics.

The do feel softer while walking though and I like the shoes, I just haven't experienced the massive cushioning they look like they should provide.

Not sure what your definition of "massive" is but if you think that the Speed isn't big cushioning than I think that "massive" doesn't exist.

Concur with you here. The endorphin speed has lots of cushioning while still feeling like a fast shoe. I have run in most of the other shoes people have recommended here but unless you are running at eight or nine minute miles they are not gonna feel good underfoot. The endorphin speed provides a nice fast feel with what I would actually term “massive” cushioning.
Quote Reply
Re: Super Comfy Running Shoe Reccomendation [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
jaretj wrote:

+2 on this. My arthritic ankles are pretty sensitive to either hard speedwork or 40+mpw volume. If I don't use sufficient padding, they'll ache hard enough to prevent me running for 1-3 days so I have to be careful with them.

Weirdly, the Endorphin Speed works fine for me - no excess ankle soreness from speedwork impact, at least compared to my maxishoes that I mainly run in, which are the giant Hoka Bondi6 and the plush and heavy but really smooth Saucony Triumph. It feels really plush when you pick up the pace for sure - which is amazing given it's <10oz.

Speedwork in Hoka Bondi6 can be demoralizing!
Last edited by: lightheir: Feb 4, 21 11:06
Quote Reply
Re: Super Comfy Running Shoe Reccomendation [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
sathomasga wrote:
Love the Vongos and the 880s. Both are nicely cushioned.

880s are neutral shoes vongos have some medial stability.

A better pairing would be 860s + vongos or 880s & 1080s or Tempos

Not necessarily. The Vongo's stability is pretty subtle. It has a vargus wedge rather than a medial post. So the two aren't really that different in terms of stability. Since the OP was previously running in Kinervas, which are neutral, it seems unlikely he would benefit from the heavy duty stability of the 860s. A more significant difference between the Vongos and the 880s might be the drop: 4mm vs. 10mm. I don't find it problematic to rotate between them though.

In any case, I wouldn't get hung up on stability vs. neutral. The scientific consensus is getting pretty strong that there is no evidence that matching shoe type to gait (e.g. pronation) has any effect on reducing injuries. Comfort is the key differentiator, so OP should pick based on that. Based on the OP title, it seems that's exactly what he's doing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next