Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took the advice of a friend and joined a local bike club for $40/year and have bought probably 8+ pair of shorts and jerseys from them. Nice Pactimo top of the line kits for roughtly $80 (rather than $200) per set for bibs and $59 for jerseys. It's a significant way to get great quality for a big discount. I rarely ride with the group, but I now have good bibs and jerseys for a fraction of the cost.
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
How is the Chamois on these (and/or the amazon link bibs) versus like the black bibs?

I found the black bibs overall fairly nice for the price, but the pad itself was massive.

I really like the chamois in the Przewalski bibs I linked. I would call it medium volume, and it has enough density in the right places. Unlike one of the previous posters who said they wouldn't use them for a century, I've raced 213 miles of gravel in mine with no complaints.

For reference, my very favorite chamois is the Castelli Progetto X2. So I'm clearly not a "big pad" fan.

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I've also spent a bunch of time in Castelli so good comparison. I'll snag a pair and give them a go

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been surprised with how decent cheap cycling clothes from Amazon work.

In reality, I think cycling companies have realized that road cyclists are a target for high expenditures, so they intentionally bottom out their low end stuff and advertise and push almost all their high-end stuff with much higher profit margins.

After awhile, it seems as if you need to spend $250+ just to go on an hourlong ride, as if you go to any LBS and buy bibs ($100+), jersey ($80+), sunglasses ($80+) you're already there.

In reality though, you don't need crazy hi-end stuff to ride comfortably and well. I've been using the cheap Amazon stuff for years now, and none of them have failed or worn out prematurely.

I recently ordered $1100 of Assos gear to try out since I can now afford that kind of stuff and am committed to long-term road cycling, but I ended up returning it all because I felt it didn't give enough functional advantage compared to the stuff I was already wearing.

The nice thing about finding that the cheap stuff works well is that you can get multiple sets for multiple rides during the week. That $1100 Assos order I placed only got me a single set of outdoor riding gear! (Jacket, bibs, baselayer, jersey). That same functionality can be had on Amazon for $100-$120 for all 4 pieces, and frankly, it worked the same for me.

I also admit that since I live in Norcal where there are tons of wealthy and uberwealthy riders all over the place, it's kinda fun to hammer on folks with $10k bikes and $1000 of kit with a $600 bike and cheap clothing LOL
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip. Put in an order yesterday for the bib shorts and regular cycling shorts.

Did you also buy the aero jersey?
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You make me laugh, Décathlon (or D4 as we call it) is more or less the default option for family / beginner equipment. I started my first year cycling also with their bibs (the blue chamois is great). But once you are used to the Castelli Progetto X2 you won’t go back, even on the trainer...

https://www.strava.com/athletes/13873052
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like the NeoPro bibs? Is the chamios 1 piece or split up into sections? I got a jersey from them a few weeks ago, but was good on bibs at the time.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how's the size fit for the Przewalski bibs? are those asian size where Medium is actually Small? or do they fit proper?
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [addictr1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
addictr1 wrote:
how's the size fit for the Przewalski bibs? are those asian size where Medium is actually Small? or do they fit proper?

They are US fit. I run a L in Castelli, and the M Przewalski is slightly looser than that.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
How do you like the NeoPro bibs? Is the chamios 1 piece or split up into sections? I got a jersey from them a few weeks ago, but was good on bibs at the time.

I like them, it is one-piece. Very comfortable short and pad. There was actually a separate thread here on NeoPro where I posted some pics of the pad and a mini review:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ring=neopro#p7353932

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
addictr1 wrote:

I found them to be american sized.

I'm a medium in everything De Soto and the Przewalski thermal bibs fit perfect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
addictr1 wrote:

As others have said... Przewalski bibs are US sizing.

For reference, I wear L in Desoto, Champ Sys and Przewalski, and XL in Castelli.

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blackbibs have been an almost unreal good experience for me, too. Just wacky good products for a crazy low price.

I have a few pairs of their standard bibs and one pair of the higher caliber. Both types have been great for me. Their jerseys are great, too.
Quote Reply
Re: $35 cheap bib shorts.... they don’t suck!! [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
A few months ago Decathlon opened a store in Halifax.

Wha!?! If only the border were open... Halifax and Montreal are a whole lot closer to Boston than Oakland :D

I bought way too much at the store next to Ajax's stadium in Amsterdam that I had to bring home...
Quote Reply

Prev Next