Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aerothan Tubes
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I don't see any numbers to back up the claims of light weight and minimal rolling resistance. They are expensive.

Still they do look interesting.

Thanks!

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Main benefits seem to be from having one in a flat kit: lighter, and packs smaller.

For day-to-day, not sure why not to choose latex first.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like latex.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check aero coach website for data. They’re talking about possibly using this tube with veloflex tire to get back some durability and keep low rolling resistance.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For day-to-day, one advantage is that they don't lose air as fast as latex. I haven't done a test, but they seem to hold air as well as butyl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CRR seems pretty good according to AeroCoach. I can confirm the weight as I have some. Additionally they hold air unlike the latex I usually use. I don't have much road riding on them yet to judge the feel or durability....they work great on my front wheel of my trainer...lol

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/inner-tube-rolling-resistance

Last edited by: bet: Jan 30, 21 19:41
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [jt123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Companies have dabbled with TPU tubes since the '90s (below). I think the main barrier to adoption is that the price point is simply too high. They may be a good all-around solution but are 4x the cost of butyl and 2x latex, and aren't faster than latex or more air-retentive than butyl. At $12-$15 a tube they would probably be a no brainer high performance training tube for many folks.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After a few years of messing around with tubeless on my gravel/road wheelsets I made a switch back to tubes last summer. However, to Aerothan tubes. So far zero issues. I've had a lot of issues with latex tubes and snake bites (cyclocross/gravel) in the past, therefore, these are not an option for me. I ride even lower pressures these days and have had several bottom outs of my rim. No flats so far with the Aerothans. Perhaps I was just lucky, who knows. The higher price, I don't care if I have fewer flats when riding fairly low pressures.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [bet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's that per wheel or per wheelset? If it's the latter, I am more than happy to give away 1.3 Watts for avoiding the pain that látex are in terms of losing air an mounting them.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [jt123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. not exact as butyl but close .. for long day rides perfect .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [bet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bet wrote:
CRR seems pretty good according to AeroCoach. I can confirm the weight as I have some. Additionally they hold air unlike the latex I usually use. I don't have much road riding on them yet to judge the feel or durability....they work great on my front wheel of my trainer...lol

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/inner-tube-rolling-resistance

I'm running a pair on my TT bike training wheels at the moment, but similarly haven't had the time on them to really make much of an impression. I'm happy with the air retention, certainly more helpful than latex in that respect, and the puncture resistance probably isn't going to get noticed because I have GP5000s on and hardly ever puncture them anyway. I think as a triathlon "pump up the night before" inner tube they're potentially a better option than latex as they're so close in Crr.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any particular reason you chose these over the revoloops?
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
Any particular reason you chose these over the revoloops?

Honestly I think the Aerothans are rebranded Revoloop Race, they look like it to me but happy to be corrected (I have asked but didn't get answers). Revoloop Ultra Race just feel too thin IMO.

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you guys done a test or air loss on different brands of tubes?

For instance, if I pump up my tires with Vittoria latex tubes the morning of an Ironman to my preferred pressure of 87 psi - 1 hour before my swim start. What will my pressure be when I'm finishing the bike ride 7 hours later? Should I pump up to a slightly higher pressure to account for it?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pump your tires up to 90 psi and you will be good.
Quote Reply
Re: Aerothan Tubes [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Main benefits seem to be from having one in a flat kit: lighter, and packs smaller.
For day-to-day, not sure why not to choose latex first.

They dont make latex tubes for fat bikes...would be cool if they did.

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Have you guys done a test or air loss on different brands of tubes?

For instance, if I pump up my tires with Vittoria latex tubes the morning of an Ironman to my preferred pressure of 87 psi - 1 hour before my swim start. What will my pressure be when I'm finishing the bike ride 7 hours later? Should I pump up to a slightly higher pressure to account for it?

Not yet, but it is something we plan to publish in the very near future :)

AeroCoach UK
Quote Reply