Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tickr works without battery
Quote | Reply
I just bought a Wahoo Tickr.

I was disappointed to find the battery compartment empty.

.....but it works without a battery!

Have it paired to my Garmin Edge 530, the Wahoo app and Elite HRV app and getting readings.

I can’t find anything here or anywhere else online about why this might be the case....and if it will continue to work without a battery or it’s temporary some back up designed for when a battery runs out.

Any more details appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Tickr works without battery [rmba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Theres probably a small battery built in that stores some profile data from settings you configure so that it doesnt get reset every time you change batteries.

Id put a battery in...

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Tickr works without battery [rsjrv99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured as much and was planning to put a battery in... but found it odd that I couldn’t find out anything about this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Different issue but what I learned about my Tickr this month was when you change the battery pay close attention to the ring gasket (or whatever it's called) and how it mounts around the battery compartment lid. I vaguely remember just kind of "tucking" it back into the compartment, not realizing it had come off the lid circumference. 2 weeks post change of weird, and worsening, HR readings lead me to swap battery thinking it was a dud. Battery was corroded out badly on one side from sweat penetration.
Quote Reply
Re: Tickr works without battery [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turns out that the simple explanation is that I’m an idiot!

....battery is there....but clipped into lid....I opened it 4 times and looked in the compartment without looking at the lid!

Sorry to waste people’s time.... I hope someone gets a laugh!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not quite a laugh but I smiled ;)
Quote Reply