Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Raw Vegan wrote:
I appreciate it. I'm not one to buy knock offs. Ever...but given the alternative I'd just have to buy a kit from a different vendor which still is an option.

I don’t really care what you do. But, I’m trying to reconcile this post with your thread and I can’t.

I've never bought a knock off, so that is why I'm asking the question.

I'm pretty sure I'll go with a known brand based on the input on fit from another poster. I'm more particular about fit than anything and it seems this is the area I'd be compromising the most. It wouldn't be worth it for me. I would rather sacrifice style before fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For anyone curious, I contacted LTP this morning to see what their take on the reviews and their infamous forum thread was. The TLDR is that all the bad reviews are fake and it's all SlowTwitch's fault:

My Question:
"Your reviews are awful and there's a whole thread dedicated to your awful customer service and delivery time on SlowTwitch. I love your design but am afraid of getting ripped off. What steps have you all taken to address those concerns?"

Their Response:

"Well those are all fake done by a group of 75 people. All review sites are working to eliminate them. Don’t believe all you read. We have not asked for real reviews until this week. In a month we will have 4-5 stars. Many of those people are under investigation for mail fraud and many worked for competitors.

We are proud American company and we make everything in our own factory in Los Angekes

If you want something you can order and we will show you what we can do. If you provide me order number I can rush it
Then you can write a real review for us

This forum and others involved have agendas. This is not impartial but out there on purpose"
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mail fraud? Like email fraud?
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
mail fraud? Like email fraud?

I was pretty baffled by that as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kayleigh McEnany got a new job pretty quickly

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say about a third of my jerseys are Thrift Store finds, in the $1-$5 range

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol... Mail fraud? I guess a bunch of slowtwitchers are going to jail for their LTP reviews... I thought we were done with this kind of idiocy after 1/20.

And the offer to give you special treatment in exchange for a good review is also enlightening.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My GF found an Otter Pops jersey at a play-it-again sports. It's the best jersey find of the decade.

(Google otter pops cycling jersey)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
For anyone curious, I contacted LTP this morning to see what their take on the reviews and their infamous forum thread was. The TLDR is that all the bad reviews are fake and it's all SlowTwitch's fault:

My Question:
"Your reviews are awful and there's a whole thread dedicated to your awful customer service and delivery time on SlowTwitch. I love your design but am afraid of getting ripped off. What steps have you all taken to address those concerns?"

Their Response:

"Well those are all fake done by a group of 75 people. All review sites are working to eliminate them. Don’t believe all you read. We have not asked for real reviews until this week. In a month we will have 4-5 stars. Many of those people are under investigation for mail fraud and many worked for competitors.

We are proud American company and we make everything in our own factory in Los Angekes

If you want something you can order and we will show you what we can do. If you provide me order number I can rush it

This forum and others involved have agendas. This is not impartial but out there on purpose"

I've decided against the Aliexpress versions. My gf noticed the neck was a high cut on the Aliexpress versions and I have a feeling the fit will be very poor. I'd rather give up form over function. Fit trumps everything.

Their response to you indicates they do care about what people are saying, but it worries me to buy from them. I'm in no hurry, but I do want to get my product within 4-6 weeks. I would have to buy it through PayPal where there is consumer protection. I've just heard way too many stories of which it's hard to say what is or isn't true? I'm squarely on the fence here as I don't see any interesting tri suits outside of LTP. Wattie is the only one close and they haven't been putting any new product out, not to mention the last few offerings have been very bland and in no way worth the price tag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
I'd have no issue buying from LTP, if the product could be guaranteed to be delivered and in a timely manner. I've been told they don't fulfill orders.

As well, you're not describing what you would do, you're telling me what to do and judging me.

Perhaps I'll find the look alikes without corporate logos so as to meet your definition of what constitutes morality.

I am judging you. Not that I haven't done stupid bad things in my life too. But I generally have had the sense not to post about them on an internet forum, though.

As the previous poster said, this is straight up theft. Your only options are not buy from LTP or buy a rip off.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Raw Vegan wrote:
I'd have no issue buying from LTP, if the product could be guaranteed to be delivered and in a timely manner. I've been told they don't fulfill orders.

As well, you're not describing what you would do, you're telling me what to do and judging me.

Perhaps I'll find the look alikes without corporate logos so as to meet your definition of what constitutes morality.

I am judging you. Not that I haven't done stupid bad things in my life too. But I generally have had the sense not to post about them on an internet forum, though.

As the previous poster said, this is straight up theft. Your only options are not buy from LTP or buy a rip off.

I've decided to look at Zoot or Castelli. I a couple of Zoot's designs. In terms of Castelli, I have a couple of the previous San Remo suits and they are nice suits.

As far as design, I was hoping to get away from the standard print tri suit. Maybe I'll look at Epix and Pearl Izumi.

I've been active in triathlon for nine years. After a while the black and white Roka and 2xu tri suits start to lose their appeal.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100% agree. It's definitely 'hit or miss'..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bad news is that these should be labeled counterfeits. The good news is at least AliExpress will deliver a product to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Raw Vegan wrote:
Lmao! So I'd be buying a rip off from Aliexpress of a product from a rip off company being LTP? The alternative is buying from LTP, paying ten times the price and never receiving the product. Get off your high horse.

I was just describing my approach, and suggesting you speak accurately about what you're doing. I wasn't sure you fully understood it's almost certainly counterfeit gear.

You said you liked LTP's designs. Somewhere there are some people who spent time and effort making those designs. If you buy on aliexpress, you will not be compensating those people for their work in any form.

If there's some design I like, I tend to like to reward the people responsible for the design, if it's in my budget. If it's not, I'll go with another design.

I don't call this "high horse," just basic decency. But you can call me high horse, and I'll wear the badge with some pride.

It's kind of like the Napster vs Spotify vs Bandcamp model

Napster - artist gets nothing
Spotify - artist gets almost nothing
Bandcamp - artist gets a decent chunk [especially on Fridays when Bandcamp waives it fees]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How in the world is LTP still a company? Are they cooking meth in an RV in the desert on the side? I can’t remember ever seeing a company with such a bad reputation lasting this long. Seems weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:

My Question:

Their Response:

Congrats on getting a response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great product on there I buy all sorts of kits and bike parts which has always been quality. Always makes me laugh how suckers still buy full priced gear with insane markups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:

My Question:

Their Response:

I started the PSA thread. I guess the FBI is coming soon to send me to federal prison. Bummer.
Quote Reply
Re: Love the Pain on Aliexpress [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
I started the PSA thread. I guess the FBI is coming soon to send me to federal prison. Bummer.
Paging GMAN ! Paging GMAN !
Quote Reply

Prev Next