Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge Miami Start List
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have access to a Start list for this event?

Rumer on the street is PTO is going to pump some money into it as we are going to have some big names at it. Some of the same names we saw at Daytona.

I do know Lionel is going.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Start List [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gonna guess it's not settled, Ben Deal said in another thread that the waitlist for pros is a mile or so long. Guessing there will be wildcards issued etc.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Start List [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Does anyone have access to a Start list for this event?

Rumer on the street is PTO is going to pump some money into it as we are going to have some big names at it. Some of the same names we saw at Daytona.

I do know Lionel is going.

They just teased a start list release is imminent, but the whole situation feels like a pretty big punch in the gut. I've talked to 2 other pros who are on the "waitlist" along with me. I get that there are a lot of people that want to race, but it honestly sucks a lot to not be able to do the first non-invite pro race in your home country. Hopefully if the PTO is going to put some money into it they can find a way to accommodate more athletes. I've been ready to book travel for weeks.

Edit: In case anyone was curious, Ironman currently has two (2) North American 70.3's with pro fields scheduled (assuming Oceanside in March is getting nixed). I get that if the main reason for having pro fields was drawing AG registrations, there's no reason to waste money on pro fields since every race has been sold out for a year, but sh*t... There's a reason after a year of being hella skeptical of the PTO and not joining last year I'm in the process of adding their logo to my kit now. We need races like Miami. But we also need to be able to race races like Miami.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Jan 28, 21 8:49
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Start List [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why wouldn't Gulf Coast have a pro field? I mean, if it went off in December, surely it will go off in May when people seem to have been lulled into this "vaccine" safety blanket...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Start List [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Why wouldn't Gulf Coast have a pro field? I mean, if it went off in December, surely it will go off in May when people seem to have been lulled into this "vaccine" safety blanket...
Same thing could be asked for 70.3 Texas which is an absolute staple of a pro race. If Texas had one, it would at least give those of us who may not be able to race Miami something to look forward to before St. George in May.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could always race Age Group

blog
Quote Reply
Post deleted by B_Doughtie [ In reply to ]
Re: Challenge Miami Start List [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
So is there an standard/rule/procuedure for pro entries and who gets "wild cards" and who doesn't for PTO events? I mean I get why the probaly pulled rank and "let in" some of the pros race Daytona, but is that sorta going to be how it is? Top named athletes can just roll onto any race they want while the B level pros fight for placement on the wait list?
I might have been misunderstood and I don't want to spread misinformation. As far as I'm aware, it was first come first served and then they filled up. I wasn't even aware the race had a pro field until a few weeks ago so I guess I was just too late. But I'm guessing if Jan decided he wanted to race the day before, they'd find a space for him. Also, not sure if this is technically PTO affiliated yet. As far as I'm aware it's just a challenge race with a challenge purse.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ah yes good catch, sorry i'll delete that don't want to imply anything that isn't there.

I thought for some reason challenge automatically meant PTO.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Jan 28, 21 18:34
Quote Reply