Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel new video- AlphaFlys [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Could be Saucony or don't take the money and test with the Nike and Adidas products and take the chance that the improved performances makes up for it with prize money and incentives from other sponsors and know you are on the fastest product for you. It seems like the Nike vaporfly/alphafly, Adios Pro and the Endorphin Pro are the way to go for the fastest shoes - so it's going to be interesting to see what he does!

Brent,

Apologies - I did not check the whole of this thread over to see if this had been posted up yet.

Clearly Nike was first out .of the gate with the 4% shoes but then others started to catch up and this can have implications for sponsorship.

Here's the recent story on Canadian Marathon Record Holder Malindi Elmore and how she arrived at a sponsorship deal with Saucony - https://www.outsideonline.com/...st-vaporflys-saucony via testing in a physiology lab head to head, a some 4%'s and Endorphin Pros

For Elmore the Endorphin Pros tested about the same as the 4%, therefore it was easy to make a decision to take a sponsorship deal from Saucony. My guess is there was no offer on the table from Nike!

Hi Steve,

Yes - I actually know Graham and Malindi well - before Graham started coaching Malindi to marathon greatness - I was his first athlete and he somehow got me to Kona qualify haha! I have talked to them about this test - and I think all things being equal Malindi found that the ethos of Saucony was much more aligned with her goals and aspirations and personal beliefs.

No idea about a Nike deal but I don't believe she is worried about it ;)

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel new video- AlphaFlys [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Jimbotri wrote:
I would bet my Gamestop stock that more people would buy Nikes because of Lionel than because of Gwen.

Good thing that stock will end up in the tank because this is not true. Gwen has a stronger following outside of triathlon because of the Olympic medal and parenthood. Lionel is huge in triathlon, which is really, really small.

I dunno man.. I hardly ever do triathlons, but I can't stop watching Lionel's videos. When I need motivation for running, I watch Lionel's triathlon videos. Sure it's weird, but they're awesome. I could care less if he ever does a competitive triathlon again.. just keep pumping out those videos and I'll support his sponsors.
Last edited by: phoenixR34: Feb 6, 21 17:01
Quote Reply

Prev Next