Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Will there be unity? [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:

You and Nutcase continue on.

Instead of insults how about explaining what the GOP plan is? .....Their plan is the same as your posts, throw rocks then run away and hide.

Even Conservatives are calling out the GOP complete lack of an economic plan. This is from Allison Schrager, a Bloomberg Opinion columnist covering economics and a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute....a Conservative think tank.

Republicans’ Plan to Fix the Economy Is … We’re Still Waiting

Midterm Elections: Republicans Have No Plan to Fix the Economy - Bloomberg

Quote:
Even if you don’t like the Democrats’ economic philosophy, it's at least coherent. Republicans don't have such a clear vision, and in many ways that’s worse than having policies you disagree with.

Quote:
We do know what Republicans used to stand for: limited government, which meant lower taxes and less regulation and spending. Even though the party's policies didn't always follow those principles — there were forays into protectionism and high deficits — there was at least a free-market ideal and a belief in individual initiative. While you'll still hear some lip service to the old ideals, it's a mystery how Republicans intend to fix a low-growth, high-inflation economy. Adding to the confusion, some Republicans have begun questioning free markets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are you so secretive regarding your opinion of republicans and conservatives Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger ? Serious question.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Climate is indeed on the ballot:
https://www.theguardian.com/...erm-elections-states

Biden's democracy speech should have been about 'cost of living,' says former Sanders campaign manager (msn.com)

tone deaf.

You and Nutcase continue on.

Next week Nutcase will be complaining about how, after having the gov't for 2 years and not being responsible for anything bad that has occurred the GOP lies are what has changed that. He's the master at not being responsible for anything and then being unhappy when the electorate who believes the people they elect should be responsible for something are just all of a sudden following lies.

I equate that logic at this point to selling our democracy for a pocket full of beads. Sure, day to day paycheck folks want the beads today. The right knows this. The right can be right on the economy/inflation but also be bringing a lot of extra unwanted baggage with it, and obfuscating the baggage with faux rage politics. Basically "we're right on the economy, and if that isn't enough for you we hate this laundry list of people/social grievances and you should too........".
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their plan is to fuck the economy hard and blame it all on Biden. The next two years will not be fun for Americans. Government shutdowns, pointless revenge investigations, blocking any bill that will help the US in any way.

But that is apparently what you idiots will be choosing in a few weeks.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Their plan is to fuck the economy hard and blame it all on Biden. The next two years will not be fun for Americans. Government shutdowns, pointless revenge investigations, blocking any bill that will help the US in any way.

But that is apparently what you idiots will be choosing in a few weeks.

I believe it will actually be us idiots voting for this next week not in a few weeks, so sooner than you think.

I doubt the economy gets any more "fucked" than it is but Biden damn sure will get the blame. Part of the job. The GOV won't shut down but there will be tons of investigations and lots of bill blocking that is for sure.

And to answer the thread, no, there won't be any unity. When sides are so diametrically opposed to each other, they just aren't going to unite, ever. They can co-exist and hate each other while doing it but won't be united. That is a fool's errand.
Last edited by: SDG: Nov 3, 22 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
I doubt the economy gets any more "fucked" than it is.

look at the U.S. economy as it is, not how it looks through fox goggles. i suspect if the economy becomes the more/less equal of any other country in the world (except perhaps certain scandinavian countries) it gets more "fucked" than it is. if you live in the U.S. you're economically damned lucky right now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
SDG wrote:

look at the U.S. economy as it is, not how it looks through fox goggles. i suspect if the economy becomes the more/less equal of any other country in the world (except perhaps certain scandinavian countries) it gets more "fucked" than it is. if you live in the U.S. you're economically damned lucky right now.

This from the guy whose best advice in the last 12 months is to

ride your bike more
plant crops in your back yard more and
HTFU

thanks. I think we can do better. I think we have done better. I think we will do better. With or without whatever goggles you want to speak of.

your leaders took the ideology you agree with and could most likely manage in a controlled manner, along with a historic opportunity because of TFG and did what they do. Took it too far too fast. Implemented "the solution" without any real plan as to the timing, the alternatives or the consequences.

When the consequences manifested themselves they pretended they either weren't occurring at all or weren't occurring because of anything they were doing. Or like you, while being the largest global contributer to the consequences want to talk about how their consequences are somehow better than others consequences.

The next week will determine what, if any real consequences they will receive. From there supporters like you will have to determine what you are going to do about it going into 2024.

Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:

ride your bike more
plant crops in your back yard more
HTFU

That'd make a good epitaph. That's not far off the mark in "How to Live Well in Three Phrases or Less."
Last edited by: trail: Nov 3, 22 15:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
SDG wrote:

Exactly. Tyler will respond with a rambling, nonsensical, post because you are right.

I work a lot in Europe. Things are a total mess over there right now. Prices across the EU increased at an annual rate of 10.7% in October, up from 9.9% in September. Energy prices jumped by 42% year-over-year, while the cost of food, alcohol and tobacco increased by more than 13%. The UK is even worse, 11.6%.

Of course it is all Biden's fault.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a huge fan of this Salon article, but the title is on point, "Is America ready to trade democracy for cheap gas? That's fascism in a nutshell"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
think we can do better. I think we have done better.

who is the "we" you're talking about? what is it you want your government to do for you? that it isn't now doing?

if the "we" is you and me, you're right. we have done better. we did better when we did it ourselves. when sacrifice in favor of a higher imperative meant something. i'm willing to pay more for gas right now because i feel that coming to the aid of ukraine is a higher imperative. apparently you don't believe as i do. i'd rather work harder, complain less. that's when "we" have done better. turn off the TV; stop getting duped by those who making money when you're scared and angry; and it wouldn't hurt you to fall down on your knees, thank god you live here, and HTFU. and maybe ride your bike more. perhaps put in a garden.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Not a huge fan of this Salon article, but the title is on point, "Is America ready to trade democracy for cheap gas? That's fascism in a nutshell"

It is a good title. The reality is that there is little a GOP controlled Congress can do to bring down gas prices.

One thing that the last 18 months have confirmed is that Western democracies are market driven, not centrally planned. Governments across the world are struggling with this. Few have done as well as America.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
SDG wrote:

I don't deny your general point, but I'd take our non-Scandinavian, modest level of fuckedness over the US currently. We have:

- Lower inflation
- Lower interest rates
- About the same unemployment (but with higher wages)
- Higher GDP growth
- Less than half the government debt to gdp or per cap
- Just over half the deficit to gdp or per cap

Of course, we are a communist country, like the Scandinavian success stories. Even a Democrat US government is pretty right wing, so perhaps that's an issue. In fact, at our last election, we turfed out the right wing communists and installed the left wing communists, and nobody attempted an insurrection. The lefties just released their first budget, and they are doing ok. We seem to have a reasonable level of this mythic "unity".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That luck is on the verge of changing rapidly.
I'm seeing large construction projects coming to a screeching halt.
Escalation was hard enough to overcome. No add the increased cost of borrowing money and a recession is very much imminent.

This is my first hand experience, not the experience some talking head wants to break down for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first hand experience has our contract sales into existing and new business construction up almost double our original October goal, before we had lowered it due to decreased expectations. Our figures aren’t even a blip in the bigger picture, but we have a premium product that isn’t a necessity. We’ve been expecting a downturn since April, but have yet to see it.

I’m not sure anyone is arguing there won’t be a rough road ahead. However, our road has been and is looking like it will be less rough than nearly every other industrialized nation. I think the rub is this is somehow Joe Biden and the Democrats fault. I know we have to be the best and all that, but comparatively speaking, we are doing pretty damn well.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Apple, Facebook, and Amazon just reported they are freezing hiring locally. That's well over 1 mil sf of recently completed office space that will be sitting empty.

I don't know what state you are in or what trade you represent.

But the Texas train is about to screech to a halt. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm seeing the beginning of a pretty stout downturn.

I never mentioned party or president. I've been around too long to wantonly assign blame.

The pandemic slammed shut production for weeks if not months. Demand was slowed for a couple of weeks.

I'd much prefer a soft landing recession but this is shaping up to be painful. Hopefully it is a short pain.
Smarter people than me will have to figure that out.

Meanwhile, back to work to salvage a project from being shelved.
Quote Reply
Re: Will there be unity? [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We sell to the US and Canada and we have done a decent amount of business with one of those companies you mentioned. Can’t say any new orders that I recall in the last couple of months, but several that haven’t delivered yet. They could cancel their orders, forfeit their 50% deposit, and not lose a wink of sleep. Like I said, our overall sales are not even a blip. That was an example that sometimes personal experiences can be worth more or less than “talking heads” who may or may not have access to much more comprehensive data. I’m sure your experience is more indicative than mine, based on $$$ amount.

Sorry, didn’t mean to imply you attributed it to party or president. That was a general comment based on who you responded to and the thread prior.
Quote Reply

Prev Next