Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PTO Collins Cup Samorin - postponed to August??
Quote | Reply
Lionel Sanders mentioned during his live stream that Collins Cup 2021 Samorin will be postponed again from may 2021 to August 2021?

Does anybody know any details?

Challenge Samorin 70.3 would be my first race 2021, so would be interested to know if this race will also be postponed...

Thx,
Nott
Last edited by: Nott: Jan 27, 21 1:37
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Collins Cup Samorin - postponed to september?? [Nott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder if they are planning to go head-to-head with 70.3 WCs in mid-Sept. They would need to go earlier if they wanted to steer clear, since later would get too close to Kona.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Collins Cup Samorin - postponed to september?? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, he said it has to be rescheduled to AUGUST not september, wrong quote from me...

see his live stream from minute 07:00

Quote Reply
Re: PTO Collins Cup Samorin - postponed to August?? [Nott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw a few more posts on insta today about this being postponed to August. Went over to the challenge site and didnt see anything (and no emails in my inbox). However, if they're having trouble sorting logistics/assurity people can travel/arrive for a race May 30th with 'fewer' people than the Challenge Champs (and associated races) on May 22nd I'd be hard pressed to see the challenge races happening.

Though I hold out hope as it would be fun to race!

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Collins Cup Samorin - postponed to August?? [Nott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were emailed and told the postponement will "allow time for more racing to happen beforehand and make it into the spectacle it deserves to be!". Sounds like it's not so much that they couldn't put it on in May, but rather I'm guessing they want to see some racing so they can have the current fastest athletes there, rather than the ones who were in shape when initial selection was made a year ago. Makes sense to me.

Official date is up on the website as well: https://thecollinscup.com/

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Feb 3, 21 10:22
Quote Reply