Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift on AppleTV - HR Issues
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else out there having issues with their HR data showing correctly on Zwift via AppleTV right now?

I have a Tickr and Tickrx and I have had no end of issues getting my HR data to update correctly over the last month or so. The last update seems to have addressed the "No Signal" issue. But I am having issues with my HR data not refreshing and frankly just freezing. I have tried pairing through the companion app, unpairing and repairing, turning off all Bluetooth devices ex. trainer and HR and yet the issues remain.

Example: this weekend I signed up for a 7 lap race @ Crit City. I jumped on 45min ahead of the race for a long warmup and to give myself enough time to pivot to my Garmin 745 wrist based HR if I was having issues. HR data from the TickrX was spot on for the warmup. I jumped in to the pens 10 min before the start to get good position and do some quick sprints. HR data seemed fine. There were +110 other racers in my cat. Once the race started my HR froze at 121 BPM while pushing +350w and never changed.

One possibility is that the processing power of the little AppleTV is struggling to keep up with the requirements of some of the newer updates. Especially with so many more riders visible in the world.

I am at a loss and will just dual record with my garmin 945 and keep trying to different things to get the HR data back and working properly in Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift on AppleTV - HR Issues [jimmyh49aus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a somewhat similar experience with AppleTV and a Tickr. Occasionally it seems to freeze at a random hr number for a couple of minutes. Now writing this I think it showed also the same frozen value on my 935. The Tickr was paired to both in parallel. This leads me to think that the issue might reside more on the Tickr end and not perhaps so much to where it is connected to, but who knows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I experience this with zwift run on pc and polar h10. Intermittent freezing, steadily dropping and resetting. Just a problem with zwift i guess

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it actually showing it has frozen if you download the FIT file from zwift, or is it just the display that's not updating?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift on AppleTV - HR Issues [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great question. The data from the .fit file on Training Peaks/Strava just looks like a flat line. Using the weekends file as an example, you could see my HR constantly adjusting through the warmup, then once the race started, just a flat line at 121bpm for the remainder of the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, many , many people after the recent update last week .
Apple IPAD, Apple TV and for me (the ipad and Saris h3 trainer). It seems to be the Blue tooth drop outs are far worse.

Luckily I woke up too late Saturday morning to warm up (bad) or update my version (good).

It is on their user forums and I am guessing they are on it and will have a fix or give people a chance to run the prior version.
I would also suggest they always offer users the option of rolling back to the prior version they had working and never release a new version on Friday.

You are no alone!

Rob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimmyh49aus wrote:
Great question. The data from the .fit file on Training Peaks/Strava just looks like a flat line. Using the weekends file as an example, you could see my HR constantly adjusting through the warmup, then once the race started, just a flat line at 121bpm for the remainder of the ride.

I'm having exactly the same problems..
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift on AppleTV - HR Issues [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just glanced at their forum and they are updates today and this evening.
Hopefully this will allow us to ride without drops outs etc...

If you do report a problem include your gear and software versions for zwift, trainers and PC/IPAD, Iphone or android.
The more detail the better chance of getting it resolved quickly.

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift on AppleTV - HR Issues [mart1n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will apple tv and zwift accept any other hr monitors than tickr?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift on AppleTV - HR Issues [Doffen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So long as it’s Bluetooth, then yes it should do
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PSA 1: I am an idiot
PSA 2: Update the firmware on your TickrX via the wahoo fitness app. I did this before my ride last night and no drops!

Thank you all for indulging my lazy panic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easily done!
Quote Reply