Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to produce a Time in Power zone (Coggan) in Golden Cheetah?
Quote | Reply
I want to use a Time in Power Zone chart to track how well I'm sticking to my polarized training strategy with a weekly Time in zone chart. Golden Cheetah has Time in Zone metric for charts but these are L or H time in zone and there are 10 zone L1-10 and H1-10.. also P1-10, but that seem to be P for pace... not sure what to do want o use cognac zones z 1 to 7... confused 🤪
Quote Reply
Re: How to produce a Time in Power zone (Coggan) in Golden Cheetah? [doctorSpoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I presume you are on about the power tab in trends?
I've got mine set up in zones using the "more" button, chart settings, data range (for whenever) , "plot" = data samples power , then "show" percentage time in zones.

Or do you want more?

edit: select data range you want from the left ie week, month whatever, and then go to the power chart. Go into the "more" section, and select the data range "current selection". That will then match with what you chose from the LHS.

If you want to see on a monthly basis, I guess you could export the chart for that month to compare with previous ones.
Last edited by: philg: Jan 25, 21 8:49
Quote Reply
Re: How to produce a Time in Power zone (Coggan) in Golden Cheetah? [philg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your response... I've actually got it figured out now. Some explanation from Golden Cheetah forum.

You can do an Add Chart > Trends > Preset > Time In Power Zone > Apply

Creates a chart that shows Time in each power zone (like other charts can switch between daily, weekly, monthly)

When you add the curves they are named L1 Time in Zone, L2 Time in Zone ... L10 Time in Zone... I wasn't sure if this L1, L2, L2.. etc.. were my Coggan power zones.. THEY ARE! 🎉 the fact that they go to 10 confused me. It's because you can arbitrarily set any number of zone in settings up to 10 zones... but by default it is the 7 Coggan zones.

In the end you can get this.. I wanted to use to see how I was doing with my polarized training this coming year and how "polarized" my training was in past...

I also did this one... percent time in zones...

Last edited by: doctorSpoc: Jan 26, 21 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: How to produce a Time in Power zone (Coggan) in Golden Cheetah? [doctorSpoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you got it sorted!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. So looking back, how do you think your fitness responded to your polarized training, now that you can see the distribution of your time in power zones?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: How to produce a Time in Power zone (Coggan) in Golden Cheetah? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I can’t say yet... I am only adopting a polarized training strategy this year.. still sorting out what my week should look like. Thought I’d see what my existing training looked like.. it was already remarkably polarized.

Based on these charts I need to tweak my week by doing maybe a dedicated endurance day (replacing some Z3) add some more regular L4 mostly and some more L5. L5 tends to really put me out of commission for ~3 days so would need to really re-arrange my week to include regular L5.. so will likely go with adding more regular L4 instead.. L4 is my weakness so training my weaknesses more might be a good thing!

This should be helpful since I can track how i’m doing at a glance!

Callin' wrote:
Nice. So looking back, how do you think your fitness responded to your polarized training, now that you can see the distribution of your time in power zones?
Quote Reply