Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kickr core vs tacx flux..which would you pick
Quote | Reply
My current smart trainer is not working...I have seen both of these in the same price range depending on Flux or flux s.... which one would you pick and why?
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr core vs tacx flux..which would you pick [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Focusing specifically on the ride feel - the CORE every day of the week.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kickr Core 100%, I previously had a tacx flux s and upgraded to a kickr core, which sums it up really.
road feel is better, the wat the flywheel interacts as you ride is far superior and the erg mode is far better. It is also reading maybe 5 watts higher than my Flux s, which makes it about 2% lower than my power pedals rather than 5%... which for me sounds more accurate.
It is slightly less stable in a max sprint, but nothing major, and its 'freewheel' when you stop pedalling sounds sick (imo)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would expect the Flux S to be ~25% less than the Kickr or the Flux 2 with the latter two trainers being the same price. I have a Flux (original version which Flux rebranded as the Flux S after introducing the Flux 2) and nothing I have seen or read leads me to believe the Flux 2 is worth the 25% premium over the Flux S especially because as other have noted the Kickr is considered a better trainer at that price point.

The harder question to answer is whether or not the Core is worth the 25% premium over Flux S. In my situation that 25% margin bought a rocker plate and a better speaker system for the training room so I have no regrets about going with the Flux. Having said if I were to buy another trainer today I wouldn't buy a Flux because the belt develops and awful screeching sound with time and a quick google confirms this is just part of the design and is fixable but is a hassle. If you really want to delve into the limitations of the Flux there is an extensive fb user group (https://www.facebook.com/...s/1246355348749602//) but that is far more information that what you asked for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easily the KICKR CORE. Reasons:

1) Far better road feel
2) Far quieter (much...much quieter)
3) Higher gradient replication - 15% vs 10% on Flux S
4) Three concurrent Bluetooth channels vs single on Flux S
5) Higher accuracy

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got the two foremost fountains of bike tech reviews and info on this thread in GPlama and DC Rainmaker... think Kickr Core may be the way to go : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on my second Flux. My first lasted about 2 months before horrendous grating noises. I only ride in the winter 2-3x a week...

Now my second, same usage. I have made it through two winters already, but the same horrendous grating noises occurring. Of course, now it's out of warranty.

ALSO, mine reads a consistent 10% less than three different powermeters I've tried. Because of this, I can't use it on zwift. I have to use my Quarq lest I be dropped within 5 minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr core vs tacx flux..which would you pick [cielo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cielo wrote:
I'm on my second Flux. My first lasted about 2 months before horrendous grating noises. I only ride in the winter 2-3x a week...

Now my second, same usage. I have made it through two winters already, but the same horrendous grating noises occurring. Of course, now it's out of warranty.

ALSO, mine reads a consistent 10% less than three different powermeters I've tried. Because of this, I can't use it on zwift. I have to use my Quarq lest I be dropped within 5 minutes.

ughhh tell me about it:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...X_(Garmin)_P7422410/

I'm about to post an update there
Last edited by: lemos: Jan 20, 21 6:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Core for sure, or a Saris H3.
Don't buy Tacx garbage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Core vs Flux....The Core wins hands down

Kicker vs Neo 2...The Neo 2 wins hands down

Tacx does top of the line very well.....best in show. Their middle of the road.....not so much.
Quote Reply