Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newbie Cervelo S5 Geometry Question
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

I've had my eyes on a new roadbike for a little while and have been cross shopping a few different bikes.

I personally think the new Cervelo S5 looks awesome, but originally shied away from it fearing that the geometry would be too aggressive. However, in cross referencing the S5's geometry with say more "comfortable" roadbikes (Canyon Ultimate, BMC Team-machine, etc). The S5 is only a few millimeters off. It looks like in some circumstances the new Tarmac SL7 might be a little more aggressive, same for the new Canyon Areoroad?

I'm definitely a geometry noob and am looking primarily at stack and reach. Is there something I am missing here?

Would love if I could fit a Cervelo S5, but definitely don't want to spend the money on a bike that doesn't fit well. Likewise, spacers look especially atrocious on this guy, so it wouldn't be the most ideal fix!

Would appreciate the thoughts on feedback! If it's helpful to reference I am 6' with a 32" inseam and typically ride a 56cm roadbike.

Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Cervelo S5 Geometry Question [Eaglerulez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like they retained the same, at least stack and reach, geometry like the previous model.
In the case of the new one, I'd investigate the impact of the proprietary front end on the position in more details. But that is the same with all bikes with the proprietary integrated cockpits. Personally I wouldn't make any decision on geometry based only on the frame solely.
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Cervelo S5 Geometry Question [Eaglerulez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. scroll down to the geo charts [since 2015 they just changed the bb drop] .. https://www.cervelo.com/en_US/s5 ..

[man .. my S5 is cleaned completely in the time that homepage loads ..nice]

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply