Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have experience with Flo 49, 64 or 77 "AS" wheels?
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about trying them out, but haven't seen much reported on the newer wheels. I was thinking of the 49/64 combo or 64/77.

I THINK I want a non carbon brake track, but was curious about these.

I'm also looking at hed jet plus 6/9 or 6/6. I like that these have the aluminum brake track and I like the look of the black.
I'd like to get the black version if I go with jet.
Last edited by: littlefoot: Jan 16, 21 6:22
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Flo 49, 64 or 74 wheels? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like flo a lot, but I see no real reason to go with them over hed jets. They may be cheaper than the blacks, but not really cheaper than the normal jet+ wheels, unlikely to be any more aero, and crazy heavy. I'd do the jet 6/9
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Flo 49, 64 or 74 wheels? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Flo but I would agree that given their price increases, it’s getting harder to see the value proposition that made them so attractive years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Flo 49, 64 or 74 wheels? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I likely would wait for the 20% off sale, but I am kinda bummed that the wheelset was able to be had for under 1k. Now the rear is $769. The front is $719. 20% off is 575 and 615, for a total of 1,190.

I was also curious what users thought of the braking and the ride quality vs. the previous version and the 60/90 etc.

If there isn't too much difference in the aero impact, I might just shop for the older set.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Flo 49, 64 or 74 wheels? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the 64 and 77 wheels in disc brake format. Have had one ride on them - ride out then a Time Trial and ride home. 66kms all up.

I found them to be very nice. Rolled very well and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them. The price point is extremely good. Especially for us here in NZ.

All in all I’m very happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea, my comments account for any 20% sales. Used Flos may make sense. I just don’t think I could spend that money on them for a new pair, especially for disc wheels. And I’ve owned several Flo wheels and like them.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Flo 49, 64 or 74 wheels? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Carbon Flo disc disc for under $1k using the podcast discount. Compared to other Disc Disc price points, I think they're still a pretty decent deal.
Quote Reply