Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [darkwave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
darkwave wrote:
domingjm wrote:
Hello everyone. Just curious if any of you have any updates, positive or negative, regarding these treadmills and/or the customer service. At the moment, I'm considering these, Sole F80/F85 and NordicTrack 1750. I don't yet have a clear winner, but I'd definitely like to be able to use the screen for something other than iFit.....thanks!

Just saw this. I did finally get my treadmill incline motor repaired (first reported the issue on January 11; repaired on February 26).

Since then, I've been happy with my 7.8 - I love the responsiveness of it. I'm fairly short at 5'4", which means that a) the handles with speed dials are perfectly located a bit ABOVE where my arms swing but b) the tablet holder is WAY TOO HIGH to use. (I just put my iPad over the main screen).

Your experience with this treadmill may vary based on your height. I can totally see how, for taller users, the tablet holder would be perfect but the handles would be prone to getting bumped when running.

Is the onboard screen useless? It seems like everyone is marketing these upgraded HD touch screens, but they can't do anything aside from run iFit. Is that the case here?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
Is the onboard screen useless? It seems like everyone is marketing these upgraded HD touch screens, but they can't do anything aside from run iFit. Is that the case here?

I wouldn't say useless. The onboard screen displays everything I want it to: incline, speed, pace, distance traveled, total time. Has a nice dial that is constantly spinning from 0 through 60 to count the seconds of each minute. It's not a touchscreen, which is great - a touchscreen would have been a likely deal-killer for me (I have no idea why they include those on treadmills).

You can't watch stuff on the screen - if you want to do that, prop an ipad on top. It's really a treadmill focused on perfomance - if you want a solid belt, a stable machine, and quick and easy changes in incline and speed, this is your machine (it's great to do 800s on). If you want to watch a ginormous screen while the treadmill adjusts its own incline and someone encourages you on, then probably look elsewhere. (frankly - I wanted none of that stuff and really didn't want to pay for it).
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loxx0050 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Optimal_Adrian wrote:
I have the 7.4AT model. With the same top end speed limitation (12MPH), I don't think anyone will miss the half a horsepower. Mine is last year's model though, so the handle controls are touch rather than a dial, meaning you can't really accidentally change speed or incline as noted in your review. Solid machine so far though.

if this were my brand I'd have a joint in the tube that the controls sit on. rather than that curve in the tube through which the electronics run, i'd have a joint there, that pivots, with keyways, and you could loosen and change the angle of that joint. this would allow users to place the controls - whether wheels or any other - system - wherever the user wants them to be.

if it wasn't a joint like i describe, then it would be some other way of positioning these to the user's liking. i'm pretty sure I'll be talking saws and drills to this machine, in order to get those wheels exactly where i want them.

Got a 7.4AT that was delivered back in the end of September (box was beat up but not as badly as the other poster's pic...but the delivery guys told me the first box was beat up so bad they had to ship a 2nd unit to me and never bothered trying to deliver the 1st one). I got fed up enough with the poor placement of the quick dial handles that I relocated them (a bloody knuckle mid-run was enough to finally get me to that point). Used an piece of 2x4 to space it out and move it out to near the side hand rails. A couple of blocks to shift it out as a flat 2x4 by itself wasn't going to fit because of the console shape in the back. Secured that with some spare TV wall mounting bolts (they were the same size and thread count as the bolts that mount the dial handles). Then screwed the handles using washer head screws (didn't have the right sized washers on hand to use regular screws). Had to miter cut the ends of the long 2x4 at an angle for clearance. There are more elegant solutions I could've done but didn't want to make a trip to the hardware store and used what I had in spare lumber/screws on hand.

Happy I found this post. We just set up our treadmill, and I bashed my knuckles on the control handles on my first run. I'll be copying this design to move those out of the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're welcome. Just an FYI but if I had to do this over again I'd instead counterbore a larger hole for the screw heads instead. Only reason I didn't is because I don't have any spade bits on hand (didn't want to make a trip to the hardware store). I did use an oscillating tool to cut out the corners on the piece that is bolted directly to back of the center console (since I already had that).

If I used spade bits instead I would've saved an hour of messing around to get the whole setup done.
Quote Reply

Prev Next