Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Faster frame than my old DA under $1500 [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:
IamSpartacus wrote:
Is the trinity considered a tall bike? Certainly has high stack numbers compared to my trek. I thought DA’s were low

It could be, but I was looking at the risers he is using on his current bike and it looks like he doesn't need a super low stack height (he posted pictures before with his current position and the eyeball wind tunnel doesn't suggest he needs to go any lower).

I custom made a metal plate to replace the Felt spline stem assembly. The lowest the spline stem assembly could go was about a whole 1.5 to 2.0" higher than where that basebar/stem combo sits on the bike right now.

The original Felt spline stem can't really go negative rise without using that weird stupid spline stem extender.

Well if you are up to making/modifying cockpits that does upen up quite a few options for bikes, like the nosecone Shiv or P5 (though the Shiv brakes suck with a wider rim).

The words "budget" and "custom" shouldn't appear in the same sentence if you aren't willing to build the bits you need to make your fit work. Honestly, for your bike I would say the best use of $1500 would be a set of something like the Wattshop extensions. Smoothing the airflow at the very leading edge of the bike is almost always an aero gain, while a new frame might not be much if a return on investment.
Last edited by: grumpier.mike: Jan 16, 21 12:39
Quote Reply

Prev Next