Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA10...is it worth it to upgrade aero bars?
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,

I have a Felt IA10 and I have been professionally fit and I am comfortable in aero with the stock bars. However, I have always had my eye on the 51 Speedshop or Tri Rig bars as an upgrade. Will that be an upgrade that is worth the money? Thanks for the input.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10...is it worth it to upgrade aero bars? [Dtblack101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m not the most knowledgeable on bike fit issues, but if you are in a good position and comfortable I don’t see any benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA10...is it worth it to upgrade aero bars? [Dtblack101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is a fantastic upgrade. The IA10 cockpit is good, but it is very heavy. I upgraded my IA to the Tririg Alpha X, and it was 424g lighter. The Alpha X is more aero and lighter-- it is a win-win. (And as an added bonus, my wiring is all but invisible with the better cockpit.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It rather depends how you define "worth it"!
As the previous poster says, you'll likely reduce weight and may improve aerodynamic drag. However, weight is not generally of huge importance on a tri bike and the change in drag may or may not be significant depending on your position/configuration before and after. There's probably gains available but their value is impossible for anyone else to evaluate, especially without knowing how well you'll be able to avail of them.
Quote Reply