Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill
Quote | Reply
Any experience or views please?

Any alternatives you'd recommend at the £2.2K / $2.5K price point please?

For my sister for light use, walking/ jogging.

Appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill [PJH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The poor warranty and horror stories with NordicTrack turned me off from their treadmills. It also seems like some force you into the iFit platform, which just adds to the cost or takes away from functionality.

At that price point, I think a Horizon or a Sole would be good options. I believe there’s a review from Dan with a discount code (valid until 1/31) for the top of the line Horizon (7.8 AT, iirc), and that should be under budget even if you pay for assembly. Sole is an even cheaper than that and has lots of fans, the only drawback I’ve seen there is that it’s relatively slow to change speeds, which sounds like it won’t be a problem for your needs. And lead time will be an issue for both, given the market these days.
Quote Reply
Re: NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill [bgoldstein] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the feedback
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this exact model - although purchased in 2016 (in Canada) so not sure how consistent that will be.

I put about 2,200 miles on it over 4 years, mostly at an easy pace of ~9 min/mile, some faster running ~7:30-8/mile but less common. Last March it started to smell burnt and was acting a little weird (belt speed), and then shortly after visible smoke when running so stopped using it. Was able to make a well educated guess the "brushes" were scorched after some internet sleuthing and taking it apart. The manual claims the deck should not be lubricated (not sure about this one), and the belt wasn't overly tight in my best estimation, so that's not a great "longevity" data point.

In terms of a fix, took a flyer on a $90 replacement motor from some random surplus joint in Nebraska, did the swap myself, and so far so good since then (maybe another 400 miles?). I did lube the deck, paid more attention to belt tightness, put it on a nice surge strip (vs direct into wall), and stopped running the dryer at the same time, so hoping that it buys me more than another 2K miles from here.

The most exciting thing I discovered about that specific model as I got deeper into it was the unauthenticated web socket port that it opens on the Wifi network, so I've built up a little RaspPi to read the speed/incline data from the treadmill and rebroadcast in BTLE to Zwift on the iPad/iPhone using Zwifit (google it).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coincidentally, I had one hauled off last week. Destined for the scrap yard, according to the service folks who carried it off. Two burnt out display/cpu units and one shredded drive belt over a little less than three years. I will say I valued the machine for its good facets: strong, quiet motor and the negative incline capability. When it was working, I used mine quite a bit..

That treadmill looked like a nice combination of features when I was shopping but design shortcomings meant an early retirement.
Quote Reply
Re: NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill [alltom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would suggest, as another poster did to check out a sole f80 or f85. Great company and great units. I like the look of the Nordic track stuff, but I wouldn't want the ifit stuff forced on me. Get the sole, hang a wall mount tv and be done with it.

Edit: f85 is under 2k and f80 is $1250 to $1500
Last edited by: littlefoot: Jan 10, 21 16:59
Quote Reply
Re: NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a C1750. Have had it 2 years and so far so good. If there is one complaint it would be the buttons for changing speed. Sometime they don’t register as quickly as I’d like them to. As for the iFit,I had the free trial and then it ended and my experience hasn’t changed one bit. Nothing was forced upon me. I’m normally using Zwift so iFit is useless
Quote Reply
Re: NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all, really helpful.

I think I can rule out the Nordic based on what I've seen and will look further into the Sole and Horizon.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill [TheRhino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRhino wrote:
The most exciting thing I discovered about that specific model as I got deeper into it was the unauthenticated web socket port that it opens on the Wifi network, so I've built up a little RaspPi to read the speed/incline data from the treadmill and rebroadcast in BTLE to Zwift on the iPad/iPhone using Zwifit (google it).

Do you have any more information on this? I’d be keen to give it a shot on my Nordic treadmill as well.
Quote Reply
Re: NordicTrack Commercial 2450 Treadmill [oddbudman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working off of this project for now:

https://github.com/dawsontoth/zwifit

I had already been monkeying around with the Pi and Ã…NT+/BTLE when looking for a way to multiplex the signal from my Kickr '14 but then I upgraded to a Kickr '20 and didn't need it anymore. Was using a footpod on the treadmill but it's "accurate" to the speed you calibrate it to and drifts above and below. Not a huge deal but was always mentally annoying. Was planning on some buttons/display on the Pi to manually set speed, but then found the above. It's a little flaky but works most of the time.

I set the treadmill to a designated IP in the home wifi to make this easier but Zwifit will scan the whole subnet I think.

I am using it just as a relay from treadmill -> Pi -> Zwift right now, but the websocket will accept commands as well. Zwifit has a basic UI that you can use to change treadmill speed/incline.
Quote Reply