Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: kickr core power accuracy [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this for the '22 off season indoors training.

I've been using the TT bike's Quarq instead of the Core's power. That resolves that. Issue is, I bought a super cheap used Giant Omnium and put TT bars on it so I have a cheap "indoor erg bitch" that I don't ruin my fancy TT bike. That track bike clearly doesn't have crank/pedal power, so just the Core.

I guess I'll try the cold spindown, do a stepped power warmup ride, then do a warm spindown and stepped power warmup ride.......then compare the power in my Garmin or Wahoo gps and see which gives lower power while the TT bike is on there.

I'm also building back up my road bike so I can cover it in saran wrap as a trainer bike for winter, but it has a left only Stages that reads stupid low. It's pretty much only a kilojoules tracking device at this point.

So would like to fix this somehow. Even if it's maybe dragging a finger on the flywheel during spindown or the opposite putting lead tape on the flywheel.
Quote Reply
Re: kickr core power accuracy [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Kickr Core used to read a couple percent above my Assiomas, roughly 8-12 watts. Then it died and I replaced it with a Zwift Hub. The Hub reads about 4 percent below my Assiomas. Since I use the trainer to set the resistance, my workouts have become noticeably harder with the switch from Kickr to Hub. I have no idea which one is correct, but I am hoping it is the Kickr since it's about a 20-watt swing in terms of my FTP.
Quote Reply
Re: kickr core power accuracy [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
My Kickr Core used to read a couple percent above my Assiomas, roughly 8-12 watts. Then it died and I replaced it with a Zwift Hub. The Hub reads about 4 percent below my Assiomas. Since I use the trainer to set the resistance, my workouts have become noticeably harder with the switch from Kickr to Hub. I have no idea which one is correct, but I am hoping it is the Kickr since it's about a 20-watt swing in terms of my FTP.

4% is maybe 1% too much if your drivetrain is clean and efficient.
Quote Reply
Re: kickr core power accuracy [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Changpao wrote:

How about the difference between the Kickr and the Hub? How does one explain that? It's more in the range of ten percent. 200 watts on the Kickr used to register as ~192w on the Assiomas. Now I have the Hub and when it sets the power to 200w the Assiomas are reading around 215w. To get the Assiomas to read 215w on the Kickr, I would have had to generate around 223w. That's how I figure there is about a ten percent difference between the new Hub and the old Kickr. I don't know which one is correct. In the end, I guess it only matters in terms of pride because if the Hub is the more accurate of the two then my FTP is lower than I thought it was.
Quote Reply
Re: kickr core power accuracy [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
marcag wrote:
Changpao wrote:

How about the difference between the Kickr and the Hub? How does one explain that? It's more in the range of ten percent. 200 watts on the Kickr used to register as ~192w on the Assiomas. Now I have the Hub and when it sets the power to 200w the Assiomas are reading around 215w. To get the Assiomas to read 215w on the Kickr, I would have had to generate around 223w. That's how I figure there is about a ten percent difference between the new Hub and the old Kickr. I don't know which one is correct. In the end, I guess it only matters in terms of pride because if the Hub is the more accurate of the two then my FTP is lower than I thought it was.

If you really want to know......hang known weights from the Assioma and confirm they are good. At that point it looks like the Hub is good.

But chances are that is what is going on. Put it this way, if the Kickr is 12 watts higher than your pedals, your pedals are wrong or the trainer is wrong.

Right now one watch says its 1:15, the other says it's 1:16, the third says it's 1:23. Chances are it's 1:15:30 :-)
Quote Reply
Re: kickr core power accuracy [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Changpao wrote:
marcag wrote:
Changpao wrote:

If you really want to know......hang known weights from the Assioma and confirm they are good. At that point it looks like the Hub is good.

But chances are that is what is going on. Put it this way, if the Kickr is 12 watts higher than your pedals, your pedals are wrong or the trainer is wrong.

Right now one watch says its 1:15, the other says it's 1:16, the third says it's 1:23. Chances are it's 1:15:30 :-)
Personally I would just use the data from the Assoimas, that is what you use both indoor and out so it is your truth regardless of what the actual truth is. As for the rest of the issues for training you can down grade the trainer output in software to more closely match the pedals. If the trainer is over then set it to 90% or what ever brings the two in line, and then go have fun because they are matching you pedals and the pedals are the constant.
Quote Reply
Re: kickr core power accuracy [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
marcag wrote:
Changpao wrote:
marcag wrote:
Changpao wrote:

Personally I would just use the data from the Assoimas, that is what you use both indoor and out so it is your truth regardless of what the actual truth is. As for the rest of the issues for training you can down grade the trainer output in software to more closely match the pedals. If the trainer is over then set it to 90% or what ever brings the two in line, and then go have fun because they are matching you pedals and the pedals are the constant.

Yep, that's pretty much where I am. I just have to adjust everything to reflect the new reality. Unfortunately, I'm adjusting down rather than up.
Quote Reply

Prev Next