Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 Hydraulic Setup Guide??
Quote | Reply
I really like trying to do my own work on my bike, but I've never worked on a hydraulic system before.

I've tried searching YouTube, and cannot find any video showing how to install/setup the Shimano hydraulic tt shifters and calipers, complete from new.
Anyone know of an online guide that I missed?

Or if I follow a Shimano road di2 setup, is it essentially the same, same kinds of connections for hydraulic lines? Any particular videos you guys/gals can recommend for this?

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 Hydraulic Setup Guide?? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Si.Shimano.com has the dealer manuals with a step by step walkthrough.

Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I really like trying to do my own work on my bike, but I've never worked on a hydraulic system before.

I've tried searching YouTube, and cannot find any video showing how to install/setup the Shimano hydraulic tt shifters and calipers, complete from new.
Anyone know of an online guide that I missed?

Or if I follow a Shimano road di2 setup, is it essentially the same, same kinds of connections for hydraulic lines? Any particular videos you guys/gals can recommend for this?

Thanks!!

I’ve installed a number of Shimano hydraulic road brifters. I would guess the TT shifters are similar, but I can see where you’ll need to plan ahead for additional hose length in the basebar as you’ll need enough slack to get the hoses connected before pushing the shifters back in the basebar and locking them in.

The Shimano Dealer’s manual has quite a bit of detail starting on page 70: https://si.shimano.com/.../DM-R9150-07-ENG.pdf
Quote Reply