Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [xcskier66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rosie had problems from the get go. She looked like she was working super hard and going nowhere. I'm guessing wax because she went backwards right away. However, haven't we all had those days after a rest day where we can't get the legs going? She got beat by her entire team, which just doesn't seem possible.

Diggins, is just so savvy. Just sit in and let them attack. Who cares if those girls win today? They are no threat to the overall. Save it for the climb. Jessie will admit she's not the best climber but she sure looks it like right now. I've always been a huge fan, but her grit in this TDS is next level stuff.

My awesome powers of prognostication :) ... the climb will be Rosie, Stadlober, Ebba and Jessie. I think Frida will fall off at some point. I don't think Parmakoski or Nepraeva are on winning form right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [hbog12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Rosie fell early and got skied over, then burned some matches trying to get back in touch: https://fasterskier.com/...etains-overall-lead/

The Devon Kershaw show recapping today was awesome with Zach Caldwell joining the discussion. Really enjoying the daily analysis.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has been a great TdS for the USA.
It is not uncommon to have one bad day during a week of racing.
Rosie has done great. But classic has always been the Achilles heel for the Americans.
And when your body is tired, you have a bad day and the course is hard, you can easily loose some time.

Jessie is the favorite for the overall.

Fut to see Gus doing great in a sea of Russians.
He is young but impressive.

Ireland got a top 10 yesterday. That is cool.
(he lives in Norway, but still Ireland :-)

So what is going on in Norway.
This weekend it is the Norwegian Cup. Three days of skiing, all the best are there.
And of course all races are live on national (free) TV.

Happy skiing (I just ordered a new pair of skate skis yesterday)
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [slow_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frida drops out of the tour as she can't do herself justice. Hopes to be back soon though.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [slow_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not much success or optimism for the overall for Sweden, but todays sprint stage worked out quit well for us. :-)

Bolshunov and Diggins won't be even close to be threatened tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really nice move by Svensson to create a gap before that last descent in the sprint final. Everyone just seemed to be looking at each other, and he made a great move. Great to see him take the win!
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [hbog12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you have a link for live stream? I can't seem to find one in English. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m using peacock
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diggins is flying up the final climb.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [nav|gator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations to Jessie from Norway.

I have been cross country skiing coach in Seattle and I know Americans who are involved in skiing have a passion and love for the sport.

Be proud today USA
Quote Reply
Re: Tour De Ski 2021 - For the Nordorks... Here Comes Diggins (the sequel) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great overall win by Jessie, loved watching her race all tour. Bummed Rosie wasn't quite able to climb back into the top 5, but she is having a fantastic season. Cool to see Gus finish in the top 20 as a first year senior and grab a couple strong results along the way.

Honestly, I find the climb a bit boring to watch. It was fun to see the Swedish women working together to setup Svahn to take the points competition (if that was their goal), and put Ebba in a great position at the base of the hill. The climb itself though is just a long line of suffering in V1 and almost impossible to attack. Incredibly impressive, but to me not super compelling.
Quote Reply

Prev Next