Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lightest Road Bike Under $2000? [Gville] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd bet the Alez sprint frame will come lighter or as light as a budget carbon frame. They are 2200 new so a used one could knock a couple hundred off.
Also its a fantastic bike

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aliexpress 13 pounds. It's all Chinese carbon don't pay for a sticker like the rest of these suckers.
Quote Reply
Re: Lightest Road Bike Under $2000? [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to throw another vote for the CAAD.
The idea that aluminum fatigues or gets brittle overtime is simply untrue.
I have a CAAD 10 that I have been riding and racing hard for about 7-8 years and the thing is as good as day 1, buy a slightly cheaper frame (like the caad or the Emonda AL that someone alos mentioned) and spend some extra $$ on nice wheels.
Light and stiff wheels will contribute much more to climbing well then will saving a few grams on the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Lightest Road Bike Under $2000? [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bretzky wrote:
Aliexpress 13 pounds. It's all Chinese carbon don't pay for a sticker like the rest of these suckers.

There are hundreds if not thousands of bikes on Aliexpress. Which one are you speaking of?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That bike is way over priced. The MSRP for a brand new ALR 5, which has better components, is $2000 and that is coming with full warranted via any authorized Trek dealer in the country. Trek does still makes an ALR 4 disc which is <$1500 but isn't listed in Treks US site however its a good price comparison. The bike Pro's Closet is selling is a £1k bike give the damage on the down tube and the fact that the rim brake tiagra groupset is not a very desirable build. I have no problem recommending an ALR frameset for this type of build but you should be able to do a lot better than a damage Tiagra build in the sub $2k bracket.

It is actually not 100% clear to me that Pro's Closet has listed the price correctly. They state the frame material as 'Carbon fiber' which it clearly isn't and you wouldn't want to touch a used carbon frame with that level of damage. That said the price they are requesting makes much more sense for an Emonda SL 4 (which would be carbon and the MSRP is of Domane SL 4 is $2400 so a used cosmetically damaged bike is in that 50-60% MSRP range) and so they may have gotten lines crossed in the listing pricing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next