Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My best friend is a sports agent so he’s busy all the time, has two phones, travels (well used to) all week and got a bike at the start of the pandemic. Never thought about riding a bike or running but now he basically bikes and runs everyday and is hooked. He rarely had time to go to the gym but now needs to go to his fitness room in the next room.

Have another friend and his wife that got one as well and neither would ever go out for a ride or probably even do a spin class. And that’s just the 3 people close to me but I know there is more.

And the cool thing is I am going to try to get them on a real bike next summer to ride outside with. So hopefully it’ll be at least 1 person who never would have bought a bike will buy a bike because he bought a peloton and got hooked and didn’t take any money from gyms.

I bought an echelon bike in February but the app is terrible so using the peloton app now. Now wish I spent the extra money for the peloton but oh well!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read an article where the Peloton CEO was saying that they needed a manufacturing facility/company that could help them meet demand. Precor has that capacity to ramp up well beyond what they are doing as well as the means to get product out better than peloton does.

and enve meh - just kidding for you enve riders

On a side note i have driven past the Precor building in NC on my way to Red Oak brewery. It's pretty large. Always wanted to stop to see if I could get a tour. Usually meeting people to ride and well, beer.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7401southwick wrote:
Peleton P/E 2039
Tesla P/E 1388
Ceva P/E 36600 That is some up side hope

I must be old, but a reasonable P/E back in the good old days was 15. I guess things are worth what people are willing to pay, but these valuations seem absolutely ridiculous. To get there P/E down to something reasonable, they would pretty much have to sign up every citizen in the US (Google says they are at 3 million).

I also like the term "growing into your valuation". This phrase sounds like Wall Street speak for "over-valued, but don't sell until we can cash in my shares and leave you holding the bag".
Last edited by: grumpier.mike: Dec 31, 20 18:19
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No way Peleton is worth its market cap. Elon Musk even says that about his own stock. Tesla will need to do a split soon, but it will still have a stupid market cap.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
7401southwick wrote:
Peleton P/E 2039
Tesla P/E 1388
Ceva P/E 36600 That is some up side hope

I must be old, but a reasonable P/E back in the good old days was 15. I guess things are worth what people are willing to pay, but these valuations seem absolutely ridiculous. To get there P/E down to something reasonable, they would pretty much have to sign up every citizen in the US (Google says they are at 3 million).

I also like the term "growing into your valuation". This phrase sounds like Wall Street speak for "over-valued, but don't sell until we can cash in my shares and leave you holding the bag".

yeah the P/E ratio for Peloton is totally outsized. Either they really need to jack up revenue per subscriber by 100x or get 100x subcribers and then they will be be at at a P/E of 20 and then be in the range of Google and Walmart. Even NVidia riding the GPU based AI wave is around 85 and the entire world of AI pretty well falls apart without NVidia underpinning it. Its one thing when your product/tech/service is fundamental for an industry wide transformation. The question is if Peloton is tranforming an industry that is that big in the first place.

Keep in mind that the that the market valuation of the entire NFL the most valued sports league in the entire world is only around $90B according to Forbes and English Premier league is around $20B.

So according to wall street Peloton is somewhere in between Premier League and NFL. I'm definitely not rushing out to buy Peloton stock, but good on the executives for building up a warchest to transform the industry. They have been losing money since IPO: https://finance.yahoo.com/...ON/financials?p=PTON

but this pandemic is really a great chance to transform the biz.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I literally just got this on my Seekingalpha stock feed. Here are the top winners from Nasdaq100 this year (Peloton and Moderna tied for 434% growth behind Tesla at 743%):

Most of these kind of make sense on pandemic/medical/work from home front - Moderna, Zoom, Docusign, Attlassian, Paypal, Amazon. And others on the AI semi front (NVidia, AMD, Marvell, Synopsis, Cadence) or communication ( Apple, Tmobile).

This valuation and market cap heft is a real opportunity for Peloton to change the entire fitness industry.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 31, 20 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [Pieman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pieman wrote:
I respectfully disagree. I switched from riding on a Cycelops Magnet trainer with a PM to the Peloton this Fall after watching my wife get motivated every day to use it. It is a solid stationary bike with a smooth pedal stroke, and I find it very motivating to take the classes. The data it provides is really helpful, and I am riding far more than I ever did on my trainer. It has motivated me to ride 7 days a week, and I have done several 2-3 hour long rides, taking several classes back to back. I would never have done that on a regular trainer. Riding out of the saddle is much smoother because the bike is built like a tank. It doesn't move. The screen is easy to read, provides cadence, resistance, power, average, basically everything you need.

I’m with you. I’ve been out of triathlons for five years. I’m planning to race a tri again in 2021 and I fully expect to do 80% of my bike training on the Peloton. Fun. Tough. Motivating. Comfortable. The Peloton workouts are quite difficult. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once you get your ftp up as high as you can the workouts get very difficult. I find the power zone endurance classes to be the hardest. I’d you do a 90 minute class you should be exhausted.
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The current market is not based on value. It’s based on who can guess where the next bubble will be. Someone will be left holding the empty bag.
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [Pieman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(I may have been in that class!) I love the classes & instructors. Always a seat in the class & you know the bike you are on. Sign me up.
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goldman Sachs profit is twice the size of pelotons revenue. That is just absurd
Last edited by: Iamleven: Jan 2, 21 11:24
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
NextEra Energy $149B

Random question. What made you pick NextEra to be on the list? Or did you pick up this list from somewhere else?

I work for them and our CEO jokes that we are the biggest company no one has heard of.

I pulled the list randomly from companies f various types of biz that I own or I track or are relevant to my professional life. NextEra energy's market cap surpassed Exxon Mobile this year. This is notable as the market is pricing this crossover from fossil fuel based energy to a renewable centric world.

In any case NextEra is doing nuts and bolts roll up your sleeves transformational work and barely has 3x the market cap of PTON. PTON's revenue potentially has a ton of churn in terms of subscribers. Nextera you have lots of long term infinitely locked in streams of revenue that are an essential service
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [Iamleven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iamleven wrote:

Just look at TSLA price: earnings ratio. Nuts!
Quote Reply
Re: Peleton buys Precor... Enve [Iamleven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iamleven wrote:

It's about growth. Goldman Sachs is what it is. It's not going to grow at a crazy rate. It's predictable and reliable, therefore the stock price is based on "fundamentals." Peloton could still grow a ton (and I hope it does - though I'm not a fan personally, anything that gets people doing any sort of exercise is good, as far as I'm concerned). So it's an object of speculation. May work out, and may not.
Quote Reply

Prev Next