Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Super Cheap frameset
Quote | Reply
I have decided to build a trainer bike since I realized that I am riding my gravel or mountain bike when I ride outside, and having a tricked out rode bike that sits on the trainer 100% of the time seems dumb.
Other than craigslist and my favorite triathlon sites classified section; anyone have thoughts on places to get really cheap frames? I would rather not go the alliexpress route as it just seems like everything takes forever to get. Any other ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Super Cheap frameset [Eroc43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size frame do you need?

Road frame or time trial frame?

Budget?
Quote Reply
Re: Super Cheap frameset [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really either could work. (it will have drop bars) I ride a 56 road bike.
I would like to be under $250 for the frame and fork, and the less the better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ebay, craigslist and FB marketplace. should be able to find something <$200. probably should shoot for $100 even. i got a nashbar aluminum frame for roughly that and put on old 9 sp ultegra, old box mavic wheels, but splurged on new bar tape. whole thing was probably $150 and works great as a trainer bike. actually rides well outside too....
Quote Reply
Re: Super Cheap frameset [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
also consider searching for a minimally damaged/crashed frame, or even better just cosmetically damaged
Quote Reply
Re: Super Cheap frameset [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this may be too small, but something like this is ideal. low price, few bidders, comes with fork, bb, seatpost
https://www.ebay.com/...047675.c100009.m1982
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why just a frameset ? I paid $150 for a Schwinn Paramount PDG steel bike off ebay, had to do a few small repairs is all. The wheels wore out eventually but I had some laying around left over from upgrades, cost $0..

new cheap framesets would be unreliable I suspect. Haunt the ebay for a month or two looking at old steel frames..

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply