Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I would imagine if they can make one faster than the current speed concept they'll do it.....
So the answer is probably no.

Well, maybe. But like it or not, the marketplace has mostly moved to disc brakes and if they want to remain competitive in this space they'll have to make a disc SC, whether or not it's faster.

If they don't it's because they've decided the current tri marketplace is not worth the development cost and they'd rather focus on other more profitable market segments.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
I would imagine if they can make one faster than the current speed concept they'll do it.....

Well, maybe. But like it or not, the marketplace has mostly moved to disc brakes and if they want to remain competitive in this space they'll have to make a disc SC, whether or not it's faster.

If they don't it's because they've decided the current tri marketplace is not worth the development cost and they'd rather focus on other more profitable market segments.

I don't disagree with you but it's interesting that there's been 3-4 threads on here in the last 1-2 weeks of folks buying or considering buying the existing SC.

There's a decent population of SC owners waiting to lifecycle their SC's. At some point, they will find something else.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

I have a few Treks and get their advertising stuff in the mail a few times a year. What I have stopped seeing is Trek's speed concepts in anything they send me. MTN, road, gravel, e-bikes mailer and emails are wearing me out but nothing from the triathlon department.

I think that Trek either has something new in the works or they are getting out of the triathlon business. I don't think there is a middle ground for them anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
tttiltheend wrote:
littlefoot wrote:
Mitch,
Can you confirm for all of us whether or not you guys at TREK are actively pursuing a new disc Speed Concept? We all would like a clear answer. Us it being worked on or not (not meant to sound harsh)?

I'll be shocked if he is actually able to answer this. It would be highly unusual for a representative of a company with an existing product in the marketplace to comment on their development plans for future replacement models. Just not the way things work. When there is transparency about development of a new product it's generally with a startup company or a venture into a new product space.

So you can ask but really you're putting him in a spot where he can't answer without getting in a lot of trouble.

This is what's always been conveyed to me, and I'll give them a lot of credit for it. They said they're not coming out with a new TT/Tri bike until they can make one faster or better. So, you can bet if they do announce a new bike, they're convinced they've got something very good on their hands. Honestly, what bike out there beats it? None of them really do, though the gap has, perhaps, finally been closed. Based on their continued support of their athletes, which from what I've seen is unrivaled by any other brand, I don't think they're abandoning the market. I realize I get an inside look, but I can tell you I haven't seen any other major brand that's as loyal to their athletes as Trek.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [Addict2Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick update from the original post. For those of you interested in how long it took to get my bike. I ended up placing an order for a Trek SC Project One design the first week of January. Just picked up the finished product yesterday and couldn't be more pleased. So approximately 3 months from the time the order was placed. Well worth the wait in my humble opinion.
A huge thanks (and big plug) to Chris Richardson who helped me every step of the way and 'dialed me in' with the perfect bike fit. Anyone living inthe mid-Atlantic area (particularly DC/MD/VA) needing a guy who knows what he's talking about when it comes to bike fitting (took the time, detailed, thorough and knowledgeable), I highly recommend him. Check him out at: https://www.richardsonbikefit.com/
And without further ado, the final product...

Quote Reply
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [Addict2Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Addict2Tri wrote:
Just a quick update from the original post. For those of you interested in how long it took to get my bike. I ended up placing an order for a Trek SC Project One design the first week of January. Just picked up the finished product yesterday and couldn't be more pleased. So approximately 3 months from the time the order was placed. Well worth the wait in my humble opinion.
A huge thanks (and big plug) to Chris Richardson who helped me every step of the way and 'dialed me in' with the perfect bike fit. Anyone living inthe mid-Atlantic area (particularly DC/MD/VA) needing a guy who knows what he's talking about when it comes to bike fitting (took the time, detailed, thorough and knowledgeable), I highly recommend him. Check him out at: https://www.richardsonbikefit.com/

2 months*

Which does seem to be the lead time. I’ve been waiting about that for handlebars from Trek. (Should come in this week)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very good looking, you will enjoy it.
However, you are taking a risk with the aerobar in that tilt angle.
Or you must have used a longer then standard bolt.
If not, you are above the tilt angle Trek allows for their aerobar which is maxing out a 9 degrees of tilt.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you post a video of you riding that bike on a trainer so we can see the fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered in October.
I'll have my new bike ready in April.
Welcome to pandemic supply problems that anyone who has been paying attention knows about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful bike. Get some thick tape and tape off everywhere the head tube can touch the frame (just turn it all the way in each direction) thank me later

Also start the search now for the mono plug (thank me later) lol

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Can you post a video of you riding that bike on a trainer so we can see the fit?

Can you post a video of your front lawn? Just so we can see if you’ve mowed it recently.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

Can you post a video of your front lawn? Just so we can see if you’ve mowed it recently.

Maurice

My front yard is currently dirt.

I am finishing up the irrigation and will be putting in sod soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Addict2Tri wrote:

I ordered 2 weeks ago and was given a time frame of 16-18 days to the LBS and another few for them go build it. That was the time for Ultegra Di2, but regular Ultegra was May/June. I'm in Canada if that matters for anyone else.

I will say that having ordered mine in the 'stock red' colors and now seeing yours, I partly regret not going project one and doing a fade like this. That's one nice looking bike.
Last edited by: timbasile: Mar 14, 21 6:02
Quote Reply
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember the article Slowman posted about this a year or so ago. It seems he was right on the money with the shortage of bikes and components.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek and Cervélo bikes on back order madness?!?! [Egn85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice looking and paint job.
Quote Reply

Prev Next