Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big Kahuna--One week to go!
Quote | Reply
down to the short strokes as they say! We have 8 folks as Big Kahunas (20,000+ ST points) with 3 with a reasonable shot at making it this week!

In total we have 13 who will hit at least gold, 25 at the silver level and 37 (out of 201) who will make its to silver...

Time to make the last push if you are on the bubble.

I needed 53 points/day a month ago but have worked that down to under 40/day now so barring some injury I for one am going to join the 8 current BKs...

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Kahuna--One week to go! [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Big Kahuna has arguably been the hardest and most enjoyable competition I've ever competed in. With this year being "unique" the challenge turned into my "A" race. I take a lot of pride in competing along fellow ST members like yourself. I've been on the forum long enough to have read and known about many of yours and the other competitors exploits and successes and I am honored to be ranked amongst you. I am looking forward to 2021 so that I can do a reset on my training and begin preparing for some "real" racing next year (and test the aerobic base that I built this year).

Then again maybe I should hedge my bets and enter the 2021 Big Kahuna competition in case racing doesn't happen next year :) :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made it on time as my pools are shutting. Back to running!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It surely has pushed me more. I am well over 10,000 miles total and still have almost a week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought I was gonna make gold several months ago. Then my running fell apart due to hip & back problems. Oh well, looks like a solid silver for this old geezer.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't level up again (I believe I have a silver) but I think I've medalled every year since we started this.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was curious as to why there is not a Strava "Club" associated with the Big Kahuna challenge? I would find it interesting to see other member's workouts, routes, pics, comments, etc. It also would provide a leaderboard with swim, bike, and run. I'm sure this was discussed before but I missed it.
Quote Reply