Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel fitting on Cervelo P2.
Quote | Reply
So I've been riding road bikes for a while but only recently decided to dip my toe into Timetrials. As a soft start I bought a second hand 2015 Cervelo P2. The bother is that it comes with 'tubs', which I want to upgrade with another set of wheels. Shopping around the interwebs, I found a good pair of Caden Wheels.

What I can't work out is if the wheels will fit the frame. Can anyone shed some light on this or perhaps have experience with this situation? The wheel specs are in the attached image.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel fitting on Cervelo P2. [ConstantRider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t know about those wheels, but I tried to use my son’s zipps 10spd 25mm tires and they would not work (P2C). I could get the front to work, but no way the rear was going to work I didn’t try putting my 23mm tires on his wheels, so that might have worked.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It isn't a matter of the wheel fitting.

The issue is the fit of the tire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Per @jimatbeyond, it's mostly about the tires. You're unlikely to have any trouble at all with 23mm tires. There's some chance that some 25mm tires could cause trouble (though I've had no trouble with 25mm Continentals in wide rims (Flo, etc)...just had to back out the screws in the rear drops a bit). You stand a good chance of having issues with 28mm tires.

It all depends on the brand of tire, and how those tires fit in your particular wheels, though.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 22, 20 17:05
Quote Reply