Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Enve SES Aero Clip-On bars
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used the Enve SES Aero Clip-On bars, that are specifically made for their SES Aero Road Handlebar?

Link is below. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

https://www.enve.com/en/products/ses-aero-road-bar-clip-on-extensions/
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Clip-On bars [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set and used them for a while when I had a tri bike setup with road handlebars. I wasn't focused much on racing at the time, and because the geo was setup for tri I didn't mind having/using the aerobars. Now I have that handlebar on a road bike and couldn't imagine using the aerobars with it . . . the position to be in the aerobar would be all wrong, shorty type aerobars would be better, and also the pads take away the top position, which I use quite a lot for ordinary riding. Maybe there's some weird hill climb race where it'd make sense, dunno.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently installed the SES Aerobar and Clip-ons. Typical ENVE product, beautifully made, and perfect fit on the bars. Easy set up and adjustments of the cup position, and enough options for cutting the extensions.
I had them on the bike full time, for about 3 weeks, to get the hang of them, and now I'm comfortable that I can install them in 5 minutes when I plan to use them.
Thumbs up on this one, but be aware that I'm an occasional user, not a triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Clip-On bars [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to both of the replies. I recently installed the ses aero road handlebars on my road bike. The main reason I would buy and use the clip ons would be for an occasional mountainous time trial with extended flatter and rolling valley sections.

Otherwise, the bars would be taken off the road bike. I have a TT bike and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing the lengthy high speed descents on that rig, so maybe it is like a weird hill climb race?

Are the elbow cups and pads comfortable?
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Dec 22, 20 17:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wetswimmer99 wrote:
Thanks to both of the replies. I recently installed the ses aero road handlebars on my road bike. The main reason I would buy and use the clip ons would be for an occasional mountainous time trial with extended flatter and rolling valley sections.

Otherwise, the bars would be taken off the road bike. I have a TT bike and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing the lengthy high speed descents on that rig, so maybe it is like a weird hill climb race?

Are the elbow cups and pads comfortable?

I have the complete system and I'm told the clip on system is similar. The very best extensions I've ever used and that's quite a list. I love how you can cut the extensions at different places depending on what type bar you need (S bend, straight or ski bend). Good set of various risers and the pads are very nice. Only downside is the ability to tilt the pads but since you'd be doing clip on it's of little matter. Their pads are nice but you could always upgrade to CeeGees down the line. I'd say they are the best currently out there as they are super light as well, and the usual Enve superior build quality.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Clip-On bars [Thepointchris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thepointchris wrote:
I recently installed the SES Aerobar and Clip-ons. Typical ENVE product, beautifully made, and perfect fit on the bars. Easy set up and adjustments of the cup position, and enough options for cutting the extensions.
I had them on the bike full time, for about 3 weeks, to get the hang of them, and now I'm comfortable that I can install them in 5 minutes when I plan to use them.
Thumbs up on this one, but be aware that I'm an occasional user, not a triathlete.

I own the SES Aero bars (and also the enve clip on's) on my tandem. We are planning to do some TT events. When you took the clip ons off the bars, did they hurt the finish of the bars? I was thinking of using electrical tape to protect the bars. I called Enve. They did not know whether the tape was a good idea or if the clip ons hurt the finish.
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Clip-On bars [Don_P] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don - there were a few "polish" marks on the ENVE Bar finish. Not dents or scrapes at all, but the matt finish on the bar shows a few shiny marks. Nothing to bother me at all, and I'm kinda fussy. I would not recommend taping- the issue is just not big enough, and it would interfere with the snug molded fit. Go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Enve SES Aero Clip-On bars [Thepointchris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much!
Quote Reply