Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo
Quote | Reply
Hi ST,

Just had a thought...ok maybe its been for awhile and I just wanted to put it out there (note I have no inside information of course), what are the thoughts on Wahoo buying for instance Rouvy or RGT to compete with Zwift? What about some of the AI Tri platforms that are out there to have a full service offering?

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wahoo already owns Sufferfest (sadly rebranded as SUF). Which has AI-like features (without actually using AI, afaik).

Not a direct competitor to Zwift, obviously. Just bringing it up.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup I am a sufferfest member. The run part of their programs could use some improvement. The AI is to tailor a program based on what you actually do rather than a prescriptive one where there is no variation at all from the program...meaning other than skipping.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Yup I am a sufferfest member. The run part of their programs could use some improvement. The AI is to tailor a program based on what you actually do rather than a prescriptive one where there is no variation at all from the program...meaning other than skipping.

Sufferrest does vary on what you actually do. If you do one of their 4DP tests, and your 4DP metrics change, the 4DP-based prescriptions for your workouts will change. You can see the individualized 4DP prescriptions (with the opportunity to change them yourself) at the start of each workout.

For example, if your MAP and neuromuscular power increased on a test, but your FTP and AC remain the same, then you could expect more challenging MAP and NP intervals while your FTP/AC intervals remain about the same.

Sufferfest doesn't do a great job at explaining/marketing this effect.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 22, 20 8:15
Quote Reply