Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ism PN 3.0 too narrow and causing prostatitis.What's a wider option
Quote | Reply
I have had the PN 3.0 now for a yr of so and it's comfortable but every time I start ramping up my riding I get prostatitis. It maybe to narrow me. What are some wider options. Also ran into this with a older ism.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Dec 20, 20 12:37
Quote Reply
Re: Ism PN 3.0 to narrow? What's a wider option [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can see the saddle widths on the ISM website. I have the PN 3.1 on my tri bike and it’s the best investment I’ve ever made.
Quote Reply
Re: Ism PN 3.0 to narrow? What's a wider option [monopolists] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the width listed is not where actually sit.
Quote Reply
Re: Ism PN 3.0 to narrow? What's a wider option [monopolists] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never mind I found the right chart.....
Quote Reply
Re: Ism PN 3.0 to narrow? What's a wider option [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The PN3.1 is just a 3.0 with more padding.

The new PN4.0 is a wider version of the 3.0
Quote Reply
Re: Ism PN 3.0 too narrow and causing prostatitis.What's a wider option [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jcob saddles are amazing. I had pudendal nerve trauma and swelling from too-narrow of a saddle with center pressure. Love pretty much all the wider and more cushioned jcob (formerly Cobb) saddles, and my Selle SMP Kryt saddle. I would probably like other Selle SMP options too, but haven't tried.

ISM saddles have always been a little too wide at hamstring tendon area for me, or too narrow for central pressure relief.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Ism PN 3.0 too narrow and causing prostatitis.What's a wider option [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly discontinued, but I was struggling to find the right width and had some luck with the adjustable Bontrager Hilo RXL speed dial. You can set the width yourself. It is a split nose design and slightly longer than some others (and a bit on the heavy side), but I've found it to be a good option for me and finally stopped my saddle search after about 6 or 7 different models! I think you can pick them up here and there if you think it might be worth a punt.

Alternatively, and along similar lines I wonder if a Bisaddle might be worth a try for you? Probably a better option given the Bonty is discontinued.

Cheers, Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Ism PN 3.0 too narrow and causing prostatitis.What's a wider option [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the by saddle and the Specialized sitero are on my current short list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Yeah the by saddle and the Specialized sitero are on my current short list.

I have the original Sitero and it has worked well for me for years, whereas the ISM saddles don't seem to like me (or my backside doesn't like them). Now that said, I don't have a good lower back position, meaning kind of a vertical/upright lower back that has me sitting on the sit bones. Better way of describing may be that I don't roll my hips properly.....I think that is why the sitero works well for me.

You might wnat to look into one of the saddles that is on the ST ads a lot:

https://bisaddle.com/

A little more pricey than your typical off the shelf saddle, but adjustable, might be good for finding the perfect width that works for you.
Quote Reply