Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FSA power box and 1x setup
Quote | Reply
I have a 110 BCD 52/36 FSA Powerbox. Can I make this 1x on my TT bike? It looks like it is a 4 bolt set up. ROTOR sells a 1x chain ring that is 4 bolt and 110 BCD.

Anyone have experience with this?
Quote Reply
Re: FSA power box and 1x setup [granted90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this same idea, exact same crank but with an Osymetric ring. Check, and double check if the chainring is compatible (sheldon brown, and manufacturers specs)

Despite looking the same on paper 110bcd 4 bolt, the configuration is different, FSA is propriety and fits no other 110 4 bolt chainring.
I only found this out after my chainring arrived, ended up buying another shimano crankset (and bb) so I could run my 56T osymetric ring 1x, and had to source another back wheel to be able to get power in the race ! Worked great for the race, flat, no shifting, better chainline.

Obviously you can just take off the fd and small chainring to make anything a 1x. And you'll also need shorter chainring bolts, wolf tooth have good ones.
Quote Reply
Re: FSA power box and 1x setup [granted90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are some UK companies that make custom chainrings.. I think it is Pyramid Cycling that do a super nice 1x with all sorts of different drillings.
Quote Reply