Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blue light blocking glasses?
Quote | Reply
Who here uses blue light blocking glasses? I’ve been spending the last few hrs in bed with my laptop before going to sleep, and my sleep is suffering. Wondering if these glasses would help?
Quote Reply
Re: Blue light blocking glasses? [Swimsucks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 20 yrs old daughter uses them. She spends many hours in front of the screen for her studies, especially since everything is distance learning nowadays. She says it's much better with the glasses, she had headaches before trying them.

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swimsucks wrote:
Who here uses blue light blocking glasses? I’ve been spending the last few hrs in bed with my laptop before going to sleep, and my sleep is suffering. Wondering if these glasses would help?
What will help is not spending the last few hrs in bed with your laptop before going to sleep.

Failing doing that, adjust the screen colour warmer, if it doesn't automagically do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Windows has a Night Light setting that reduces blue light. You can schedule what time you want it to come on and off. Some phones and tablets have a similar setting.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue light blocking glasses? [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What will help is not spending the last few hrs in bed with your laptop before going to sleep"

Boom! Goes the dynamite!
Quote Reply
Re: Blue light blocking glasses? [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironnerd wrote:
Windows has a Night Light setting that reduces blue light. You can schedule what time you want it to come on and off. Some phones and tablets have a similar setting.

Exactly. Phones and computers either come with this setting or you can download an app. No need to buy glasses
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apart from all black lenses, no glasses are going to fix this. Don't take your computer to bed. Just don't. Windows 10 has a great night light filter that's easy to access and turn on and off. I keep it on at all times, you'll get used to it in a day or two. You'll find it in the bottom right corner under notifications.

About the lenses. My SO has pretty severe migraines, and blue light filter glasses seem to help immensely with auras.
Last edited by: jpanula: Dec 19, 20 3:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure how it compares to the native windows settings, but I use an app called F.lux on my desktop to control the screen light.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've read a few scientific studies that say they really don't help for their intended purpose. Then again tons of people say they work and swear by them. Even if it's just psychosomatic, I'd give it a go. Personally, I can get away with just using the night shift on my devices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started wearing a pair a couple months ago and there is some thing about them. I noticed I slept better, my eyes felt more relaxed, there was a difference. After a while of using them I noticed whenever I looked at a screen without them I did notice I strain. Well I have basically just started wearing them whenever I’m awake at this point. I like it and will continue to use them.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue light blocking glasses? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
"What will help is not spending the last few hrs in bed with your laptop before going to sleep"

Boom! Goes the dynamite!

I know this..... but what am I supposed to do?! I’m stuck at home!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, even with so called blue light glasses, or even with night settings on your laptop screen, you will still have sleep issues. What affects your sleep is staring directly at a light emitting screen. Yes, the color matters, but not that much.

A few hours before sleep, put your computer away and read a paper book. Your sleep will immediately improve.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I know this..... but what am I supposed to do?!

If you even have to ask the question ... you've got much bigger problems than anything blue light glasses may solve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two pairs, lighter ones for during the day when my eyes just get tired, darker ones for night work. They look stupid so putting them on shames me that I'm an idiot for wearing them rather than just taking a break or going to sleep.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have nothing to add other than your question made me think of this old commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgvVwNWpyKI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i work in a control room environment. i have 15+ massive monitors i have to stare at for a 12 hour shift. absolutely love blue light glasses. i wear some of the rokas. they are quite comfy on the nose and their lenses do the trick.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Blue light blocking glasses? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for Rokas. They are fantastic. I stare at screens 8+ hours for work and they've totally eliminated the migraines that I used to get.

Sitting in bed on a laptop for hours before bed is just plain stupid though. Don't do that.

Highly recommend checking out the book Sleep by Nick Littlehales. He's a Sleep coach for Sky/Ineos and many EPL teams. It's an interesting prospective on how Sleep impacts recovery for athletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at enabling night mode. Microsoft and Apple both have that.

Other than that, get blue laser safety goggles?
Quote Reply