Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Normatec recovery boot changes
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Normatec boots that are at least 5 years old and they are fine. But what has changed in the last few years?
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec recovery boot changes [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smaller, lighter, and better battery life. But the core technology is unchanged. And unlikely to ever change. The science behind it just as consistent as it was when Dr. Jacobs (the founder/creator of NormaTec, since passed) identified it in her research. There's no fundamental difference in HOW the very first NormaTec units (the big "lunchboxes") work versus how the latest Pulse units work. It's all been about shrinking the units and making them more portable. And some UI/UX improvements.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec recovery boot changes [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, can you get into them now without "slipping them on" ? Still need stockings?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I have a pair of Normatec boots that are at least 5 years old and they are fine. But what has changed in the last few years?

There have been some changes to some of the material and fabric as well to make them more durable. Do you have a Pulse or MVP? Since I never had a new MVP I can't comment for sure, but the squeeze on the MVP units used that I have used just isn't the same as a newer Pulse. Of course any MVP I used was well used by a professional athlete. In addition, some commented, including myself, that the Pulse 2.0 produced say, after the buyout by Hyperice, is also a little less unit for unit. Not an issue until you max out though. This has been anecdotal and observational. No idea if this was a temporary issue, maybe an issue with the sensors, or the fit of the boots, or even the compressor, just an observation.

But yes, by and large you probably don't need a new Pulse unless there is a specific feature and benefit you are looking to have. Some like the Bluetooth. I don't find myself using it but you can.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec recovery boot changes [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine are MVP and weight is really not an issue as I am not taking it on trips. It is for at home recovery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Mine are MVP and weight is really not an issue as I am not taking it on trips. It is for at home recovery

Yeah then just stick with them. If you feel like you could use a higher squeeze then maybe borrow someone's Pulse for the evening and see if there is any difference or just sit in them next time you are at an event.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an original MVP. Great unit until it completely stopped working after 10 years and no way to fix it. The newest design as Jordan described gives the same end result, just that the package is significantly smaller. I have travelled with the new unit in my backpack and it is much smaller, lighter and even fits a laptop. The boots are more anatomical, so require less time to inflate. The convenience factor is nice. I am very happy with all the upgrades in the newer tech. Gilad is very responsive and takes good care of his clients.
Quote Reply
Re: Normatec recovery boot changes [irondave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gilad is an awesome person
Quote Reply