Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka Rincon, is it a race shoe?
Quote | Reply
Curious, just bought the Rincon's, are they good racing shoes? They feel light n fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Rincon, is it a race shoe? [M&M Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raced Kona in them in 2019 and loved them. I'd probably opt for the NEXT% now but I didn't own a pair at the time. I still use them regularly for tempo or light speed/fartlek type work. For Kona, I drilled a few holes in the bottom so that water/sweat/gatorade/urine would drain out the bottom and I haven't noticed any impact in the quality or durability of the shoe during training. Maybe just snag an extra pebble in their from time to time ;-).

Mark Saroni
Last edited by: Mark S: Dec 17, 20 19:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fairly certain Joe Skipper won Ironman Florida 2019 wearing Rincons.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Jim Walmsley won Ultravasan 90km 2019 wearing a pair of Rincon.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Rincon, is it a race shoe? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Fairly certain Joe Skipper won Ironman Florida 2019 wearing Rincons.

Looking at the pictures he was wearing the Hoka Carbon X in Florida and the Rincon in Kona (6th)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't race in them, but they are definitely one of the best all round shoes out there IMO. I use them as a general training shoe through to speedwork shoe sometimes. I am looking to get some next% for races after using carbon X's this season but if these 'super shoes' weren't out there I'm sure they'd be in the mix.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Rincon, is it a race shoe? [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the replys, if we get to race in 2021, I will be wearing them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the rincons arent a race specific shoe but they can handle themselves in a race just fine. A shoe like the saucony kinvara, adidas bostons or brooks launch are also in a similar category. Plenty of people use them for every day mileage (including me) but can also be used for racing
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Rincon, is it a race shoe? [SnowChicken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SnowChicken wrote:
the rincons arent a race specific shoe but they can handle themselves in a race just fine. A shoe like the saucony kinvara, adidas bostons or brooks launch are also in a similar category. Plenty of people use them for every day mileage (including me) but can also be used for racing

This...there’s other things I’d certainly use before for racing but it’s a solid workout shoe.
Quote Reply