Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who has the latest race of the year?
Quote | Reply
I just finished my last race of the year this past Saturday. I'm a bit surprised they even held the race because COVID-19 cases have been spiking everywhere. However, it was extremely safe: masks on until you start the swim, another mask on immediately at the finish line, no medals or awards, everyone started 15 seconds apart.

I was just happy to have an official race, second triathlon of the year. Even though this race was only a sprint, I had fun clearing my head and just flooring it!

Here's the link to my video:

Does anyone have a later (official) race for the year?
Last edited by: brunes83: Dec 15, 20 14:27
Quote Reply
Re: Who has the latest race of the year? [brunes83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brunes83 wrote:
I just finished my last race of the year this past Saturday. I'm a bit surprised they even held the race because COVID-19 cases have been spiking everywhere. However, it was extremely safe: masks on until you start the swim, another mask on immediately at the finish line, no medals or awards, everyone started 15 seconds apart.

I was just happy to have an official race, second triathlon of the year. Even though this race was only a sprint, I had fun clearing my head and just flooring it!

Here's the link to my video:

Does anyone have a later (official) race for the year?

“Only a sprint”. Wonder if the Itu guys say that when they get to the start line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Half Ironman in Rotorua this coming weekend - http://www.half.co.nz/#suffer-1

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Who has the latest race of the year? [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
“Only a sprint”. Wonder if the Itu guys say that when they get to the start line.

Haha, well knowing that I only have to torture myself for an hour is so much easier mentally than 2-12 hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, so only a couple of hours after posting this, I received notification that my marathon in late February has been postponed/cancelled. It's crazy, some races happen, and others don't. This trend will probably continue until late next year when the vaccine becomes more widespread.
Quote Reply