Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OK, I'm an idiot and cannot start a Zwift event
Quote | Reply
I've tried starting a few Zwift events but cannot seem to figure out how to do it. I can sign up no problem. Then I login, see the event on the start screen and the timer counting down, then nothing. The event has started and I'm left standing around like a dipshit.

What am I doing wrong? Either from the game or the companion app, I do not see how to actually being an event. I surfed through Zwift's instructions but they really only discuss how to sign up or join event, but not actually how to start.

I'm sure I'm missing the patently obvious.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I'm an idiot and cannot start a Zwift event [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, if you sign up on the companion app and then login to Zwift, do you see a small window popup that has your event listed, a timer and then you can choose to go to it?

https://support.zwift.com/...g-an-event-SkzvxbTOI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sometimes that happens to me because of a weak internet connection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds to me that you aren’t actually starting a ride and you are at the main screen. You need to enter a world (doesn’t matter which one) like you are starting a ride. Once the event gets closer to the time, you will get a pop up screen to enter and after a period of time it will automatically throw you into the starting pen of the event. Just make you sure you get into the world a little earlier than when the event starts.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I'm an idiot and cannot start a Zwift event [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, got it, I'll give that a shot next time. I've always waited at the world choice screen.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have signed up for an event, you’ll see on the companion app a little green square marked “going.” Once you log on Zwift, just start riding anywhere before the event starts. As you get closer to the start time, you’ll see pop ups on both the game and app that will allow you to go to the starting area where you’ll be placed on trainer while the countdown clock moves until the start. If that doesn’t work, I’m not sure what the problem is unless you’re logged into the game as someone else.
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I'm an idiot and cannot start a Zwift event [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My problem was I wasn't going all the way into a game first. I was waiting at the world selection stage.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I'm an idiot and cannot start a Zwift event [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to try a Slowtwitch ride but have been hesitant to try. MUST I use the app or can I use my computer to sign up for a ride and then join it when it starts?
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I'm an idiot and cannot start a Zwift event [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
I want to try a Slowtwitch ride but have been hesitant to try. MUST I use the app or can I use my computer to sign up for a ride and then join it when it starts?

You can do either! Come join us for the Hilly Vanilli chase ride on Thursday. There are A,B,C, and D groups-so something for everyone! Jimmie does an amazing job keeping the D group together and they seem to have the most fun, judging by the banter in the chat! I lead the C group around and now that there's an A group, we keep it together the best we can. B group is a bit more "racey" and will creep well above the prescribed zones. I've never really tracked the A group...but then they don't really have a ceiling and there are fewer of them in the event.
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I'm an idiot and cannot start a Zwift event [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:

You can use the website, or join using the computer, but the app is way way easier. I know it sounds hassle, but the way they have set things up really does work better to use a phone app for most things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:

Just to be clear, the app people are referring to it the companion app. Not the zwift app itself (if you are running zwift off of an apple product). Like other said, you can sign up for a race/group ride/etc either on the companion app or on your computer. I find the companion app much easier and quicker but you can't go wrong with either.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: OK, I'm an idiot and cannot start a Zwift event [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AKCrafty wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

You can do either! Come join us for the Hilly Vanilli chase ride on Thursday. There are A,B,C, and D groups-so something for everyone! Jimmie does an amazing job keeping the D group together and they seem to have the most fun, judging by the banter in the chat! I lead the C group around and now that there's an A group, we keep it together the best we can. B group is a bit more "racey" and will creep well above the prescribed zones. I've never really tracked the A group...but then they don't really have a ceiling and there are fewer of them in the event.

I was hanging in with the C’s last week until about halfway up the second climb. A climber, I am not....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply