Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lululemon dog, everything is gucci. I think I'm gonna start buying stuff from the Dick's Sporting Goods house brand.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Dec 12, 20 18:06
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triracerboy wrote:
Ok
so i admit i have been isolating since March.... but when did t-shirts get to $78? I buy some crazy ass expensive overpriced weird tri stuff every year but i dont think i have ever spent $78 on a tshirt.

FWIW i run in LULU running shorts (the lined ones) and love them. (hope they still make them)

I really liked the old LuLu Surge shorts with the brief liner. The new version with the boxer-brief liner doesn't work with my body. The legs end up bunched up around the top of my thighs in the first half mile. I wish they would go back to the old liner. As it is, I have had to find different shorts.

Agree with others that the quality is excellent. I watch for their stuff to go on sale. I have several very funky colored shorts that were bought off the sale rack.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Do you read "gym bro" with a positive connotation?

I didnā€™t/donā€™t read it with any connotation. Just conjures up an image of a gym rat. Just like ā€œlean endurance athleteā€ or ā€œIā€™m built like a swimmer, I suck at running.ā€

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
IanH wrote:
Looks like just on his website. $80 for a t-shirt.

What, what, what, what?

Yo, that's $80 for a T-Shirt.

The last suit I bought was $80 including shirt and shoes

šŸ˜‚
Last edited by: MrTri123: Dec 12, 20 18:05
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boobooaboo wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
Do you read "gym bro" with a positive connotation?

I didnā€™t/donā€™t read it with any connotation. Just conjures up an image of a gym rat. Just like ā€œlean endurance athleteā€ or ā€œIā€™m built like a swimmer, I suck at running.ā€

That's fair. If that was the intent, I'm off base here.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
Iā€™m happy to spend $120 on a versatile pair of pants but $80 for a t-shirt, even if it is ā€œseamlessā€ is where I apparently draw the line.

Same here. I don't mind dropping big cash on certain items...trisuits, 3L goretex shell, ski pants, raw denim, luggage. I go by the by once-cry once mentality when purchasing expensive things, I want them to last, not be made by slaves, and support artisans I want to succeed. With that in mind, dropping the cash doesn't hurt. I enjoy supporting manufacturing done outside of China by skilled artisans using highly technical fabrics and smart engineering. I consider the extra cost of quality materials and North American/European manufacturing worth the higher price tag. But when they stuff is only expensive because it has a certain brand label on it, it's just a scam for hypebeasts, so CEOs can line their pockets.

These shirts are 100% recycled polyester that is seamless. That's all good. But 80 bucks for a polyester t-shirt like made in Asia isn't something I'm interested in, unless it directly supported Lionel or Triathlon in some way.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, looks like basically everything is sold out, so not a problem.

(I 100% agree, btw.)

Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
Well, looks like basically everything is sold out, so not a problem.

(I 100% agree, btw.)

There are some XL and XXL left for the "gym bros". Looks like all the "sissy boys" bought everything else.
Last edited by: LifeTri: Dec 13, 20 8:46
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m sticking with my overpriced Nike stuff. It has always worked best for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [Dinsky11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Generally I don't do lined shorts and there are very few unlined shorts being put out by Nike right now. The best shorts I've liked for the past couple of years are Under Armour Speed Pocket shorts. But I also have to wear a compression jock to protect the thunder thighs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some Under Armour shorts too and they are definitely in my rotation. I also have some old C9 shorts from Target that I like to run in. At the end of the day you have to find what works best for you and it sounds like you have done that. As I mentioned given a choice I like Nike for their designs and longevity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
Lululemon men's stuff is great if you're built like a gym bro, or like baggy stuff.

For my lean endurance athlete body I rarely find anything remotely close to fitting.

Thye did make 3" run shorts back in the 2000's that I wore until they fell apart though.

Sounds like you need to get in the gym and add some mass.

I'll skip the roids, thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Itā€™s good to see he creates his own brand and works with Lululemon to come up with the stuff. I canā€™t afford something like that so I wonā€™t be able to buy but itā€™s good to see triathletes find different way to do business and make money besides coaching. Good for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey man, squatting and deadlifting double your bodyweight doesn't take roids. And for someone who's "lean" it should be easy, since you're probably 120lbs? Right?

Chill homie.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are they just selling tshirts with his slogan or are they designing tri friendly gear that heā€™ll be testing out? Iā€™ve got a good amount of lulu stuff, and itā€™s good for training ... (canā€™t say the best stuff Iā€™ve ever owned ...) but no I certainly wouldnā€™t be paying $80 for just a T-shirt with a slogan on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [snail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I had to guess it won't be triathlon specific. Just activewear.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lulu running shorts are by far the best I've worn. I love the lined pace breaker 7". I've got 4 pairs in my closet. Their gear really is top notch.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Hey man, squatting and deadlifting double your bodyweight doesn't take roids. And for someone who's "lean" it should be easy, since you're probably 120lbs? Right?

Chill homie.

Nope. 64kg.I don't see the point of being able to squat or deadlift double my body weight.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Lululemon men's stuff is great if you're built like a gym bro, or like baggy stuff.

For my lean endurance athlete body I rarely find anything remotely close to fitting.

Thye did make 3" run shorts back in the 2000's that I wore until they fell apart though.

LuLu's work out/lounge/running tights/pants fit skinny well. Their shirts and short..........well I will be polite and say you need to be "fluffy" for them to fit because they are baggy.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i hear ya. the new ones are rubbish. going to be really sad when my old brief lined ones finally bit the bullet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

What's the point in carrying extra mass if it isn't functional? It puts added stress on your organs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Generally I don't do lined shorts and there are very few unlined shorts being put out by Nike right now. The best shorts I've liked for the past couple of years are Under Armour Speed Pocket shorts. But I also have to wear a compression jock to protect the thunder thighs.

Try out Bear Bottom Clothingā€™s run shorts if you like unlined shorts.

I canā€™t bring myself to pay lulu prices. I completed a strava challenge and had a discount code. I gave it to a friend because even with the discount, it was ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders x Lululemon [WFPB Athlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WFPB Athlete wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

What's the point in carrying extra mass if it isn't functional? It puts added stress on your organs.

Functional in what way?

Doubt anyone is talking talking 300lbs in this forum, so organs won't notice.

Why don't we just work out 30 minutes per day? Any extra isn't beneficial to health.

People do what they do because they enjoy it. Including triathletes who waste huge amounts of time and money on all kinds of useless stuff.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Dec 14, 20 20:39
Quote Reply

Prev Next