Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheels
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 Cervelo P2 and went looking for racing wheels.

I was surprised but the number of wheels that fit and don't fit. So, I guess I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Can someone tell me the most important measurement to make sure the wheels will fit a 2016 Cervelo p2?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels [JFHJR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what you really want to know is if it'll clear the fork (usually it's height with the tire on that could rub, but also width)
and in the rear triangle if it's going to rub the wheel cutout (again with tire on/inflated) and if it's going to rub the chainstays.

Here's an article by Cervelo

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels [JFHJR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it is actually the tires that would cause a fit problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

This. Just make sure you get rim brake wheels, rather than disc brake wheels. But otherwise any 700c road bike wheels will fit that bike (700c is the standard wheels size for road bikes). The fitment issues can be caused if you run too wide of a tire. But as Jim said, that's a tire issue, not a wheel issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

This.

When I upgraded my 2012 Cannondale Slice with a 60mm/80mm carbon deep section wheelset, I chose a 25mm inner width to put 25mm Continental GP5000 tires on. Previous to this I had only run 23mm, with no clearance issues.

The wheels by themselves were no problem fitting. Where I ran into an issue was after I mounted the tires, the width wasn't the issue, but rather the height. I ran into a situation where the tires rubbed on the underside of the brake calipers.

Switching to the TriRig Omega brakes solved that issue for me because their depth from the mounting bolt to the lowest point is less than the standard brake.

So you'll need to pay attention to both width and height if you're going to go wider than your stock wheelset.
Last edited by: Kickr: Dec 11, 20 8:09
Quote Reply