Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Paula Findlay post Daytona Q&A plus Witsup breakdown
Quote | Reply
Nearly universal praise for Paula after an amazing race at Daytona - but she and Eric did an awesome Q&A yesterday on their Youtube channel with a huge amount of feedback.

She did state she was embarassed with her aero position - and that she feels like she's there. Also that she's not sponsored by Oakley and realizes she needs to look at other helmets. Imagine how fast she does that ride with a position like Lisa Norden - yikes!

Other noteable feedback from the Witsup recap (and they do some of the best work out there) was that she didn't care about the money during the race or after really - if it was a $5000 first place purse it would have meant as much - and I truly believe it was true for her.

Anyways - we are focusing so much on the men's race but really wanted to give a shout out to an amazing athlete and person who is healthy, comfortable, focused and fit - and it will be awesome to see her press forward. She did win at St George a few years back...2021 70.3 worlds should be fantastic!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay post Daytona Q&A plus Witsup breakdown [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Classy and humble winner. Enjoyed hearing firsthand her thoughts on the race and especially the bike strategy. Winning her last 3 races, she will definitely not fly under the radar next season.

Team Saunders on YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Love watching Paula and Eric's videos and following them. Loved Paula's win and their genuine likableness.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay post Daytona Q&A plus Witsup breakdown [ScoutMac187] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScoutMac187 wrote:

Love watching Paula and Eric's videos and following them. Loved Paula's win and their genuine likableness.

Agree. Weird to me to pull for people just because I like them on YouTube, but that’s what I found myself doing on Sunday. Even have one of those That Triathlon Life coffee mugs because of their likeableness, as I certainly didn’t need another mug. It’s good to see humble people succeed.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay post Daytona Q&A plus Witsup breakdown [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it unfair to say that part of the reason she especially is so likeable is her kind of apathetic attitude towards being filmed sometimes? :P And I say that as someone who also (much more occasionally and not of the same style), makes youtube videos. She's not faking some enthusiasm for Youtube (and to be clear, neither is Eric). She's out there, doing her thing, and sometimes allowing people to observe the journey. It's a good dynamic.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vols wrote:
ScoutMac187 wrote:

Agree. Weird to me to pull for people just because I like them on YouTube, but that’s what I found myself doing on Sunday. Even have one of those That Triathlon Life coffee mugs because of their likeableness, as I certainly didn’t need another mug. It’s good to see humble people succeed.

I think that's the beauty of what they have done. Eric has incredible talent - I can imagine if he wasn't training he would make even more incredible videos for whatever subject he wanted - surf, ski, tri - but we spend every Sunday morning watching their videos. It's become a habit - and even though I've been a Paula fan since her meteoric rise in 2010 and the struggle that followed, knowing how everything was going thru the year was incredibly motivating for me too.

They have built fans like more popular sports - and honestly I had tears in my eyes while Paula finished because they did such an amazing job of showing us the hard work, the struggle, the effort...but you SHOULD cheer wildly for the pros that you follow! That's the funnest part of being a fan!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand the sentiment, but the only people that say they don't care about money, have plenty of money. LOL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I listened to last nights Q&A while doing a zwift race. Was a great distraction. Paula talked about averaging about 260 watts for the race. I don’t know much about the power levels of the women’s field but is that pretty strong?

Even though her position doesn’t look great she sure got a lot of speed out of that amount of watts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i even tried to buy some TTL stuff but then was really pleased for Eric and Paula when i saw that what i wanted had sold out.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay post Daytona Q&A plus Witsup breakdown [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that's why I picked her to win. She pushes big watts, swims strong and runs strong. Very humble. Love Paula and her boyfriend.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey y’all TTL and newer fan here, just wanted to say congrats this weekend, what an epic feeling it must have been!!!

With this year being different what did y’all do differently than previous seasons? Was volume just kept high and intensity low for the bulk of your training this time around?

Also HR, where do y’all shoot for during a higher intensity workout vs lower intensity?

Love the YouTube channel, keep the great vids coming!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay post Daytona Q&A plus Witsup breakdown [Steveablake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also HR, where do y’all shoot for during a higher intensity workout vs lower intensity? //

Welcome to the fan club here, about the only place left where you can talk Tri shop intelligently anymore. As to your question, Lionel will be working very hard at 135 HR, many of his competitors will have a HR of 200 at that same level. So not sure what you are asking for here?
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay post Daytona Q&A plus Witsup breakdown [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Also HR, where do y’all shoot for during a higher intensity workout vs lower intensity? //

Welcome to the fan club here, about the only place left where you can talk Tri shop intelligently anymore. As to your question, Lionel will be working very hard at 135 HR, many of his competitors will have a HR of 200 at that same level. So not sure what you are asking for here?

I think they’re confusing this thread with the Paula AMA about My Daytona win one.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay post Daytona Q&A plus Witsup breakdown [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Is it unfair to say that part of the reason she especially is so likeable is her kind of apathetic attitude towards being filmed sometimes? :P And I say that as someone who also (much more occasionally and not of the same style), makes youtube videos. She's not faking some enthusiasm for Youtube (and to be clear, neither is Eric). She's out there, doing her thing, and sometimes allowing people to observe the journey. It's a good dynamic.

That’s what I love about their videos is they seem to be showing their real sides, and not faking for the camera. I don’t know Paula, but I bet she is an introvert by nature, just based on watching these videos. Both she and Eric are amazing athletes, and also very talented YouTubers
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay post Daytona Q&A plus Witsup breakdown [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
I understand the sentiment, but the only people that say they don't care about money, have plenty of money. LOL.

She didn't say she didn't care about the money - but the money wasn't the motivating factor during the race - the title was.

After all she's been thru - I would assume that getting a huge title like this was THE motivating factor. I could work harder to make more money - but it's the pursuit of goals that actually gets more work done. Not everyone is primarily money motivated...and I wouldn't make the assumption that Paula is either.

Quote Reply